* HAVE_GAS_COMDAT_GROUP problem (GCC Head)
@ 2004-09-16 22:03 Simon MARTIN
From: Simon MARTIN @ 2004-09-16 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello.

I'm trying to build GCC head and I've been getting a compilation error for 2
days... I wonder if I'm the only one.

The problem is in gcc/varasm.c: the HAVE_GAS_COMDAT_GROUP define is used, but
is apparently not declared anywhere. From what I've understood, it is
supposed to be set in config.h by configure, but it's not (at least in my
case :-). I've tried to reconfigure the whole source tree (by removing
config.* from each subdirectory), but it didn't work. Is it a configure /
configure.ac problem or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards,
Simon

* Re: HAVE_GAS_COMDAT_GROUP problem (GCC Head)
@ 2004-09-17  4:26 ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2004-09-17  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon MARTIN; +Cc: gcc

Simon MARTIN wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I'm trying to build GCC head and I've been getting a compilation error for 2
>days... I wonder if I'm the only one.
>
>The problem is in gcc/varasm.c: the HAVE_GAS_COMDAT_GROUP define is used, but
>is apparently not declared anywhere. From what I've understood, it is
>supposed to be set in config.h by configure, but it's not (at least in my
>case :-). I've tried to reconfigure the whole source tree (by removing
>config.* from each subdirectory), but it didn't work. Is it a configure /
>configure.ac problem or am I doing something wrong?

It's probably a configure problem of some kind.  You should see "#undef
HAVE_GAS_COMDAT_GROUP" in your config.in; at configure-time the compiler
should generate an auto-host.h file that contains either "#define
HAVE_GAS_COMDAT_GROUP 1" or "#define HAVE_GAS_COMDAT_GROUP 0".

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: HAVE_GAS_COMDAT_GROUP problem (GCC Head)
@ 2004-09-17 18:28   ` Simon MARTIN
From: Simon MARTIN @ 2004-09-17 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: gcc

Hello.

> It's probably a configure problem of some kind.  You should see "#undef
> HAVE_GAS_COMDAT_GROUP" in your config.in; at configure-time the compiler
> should generate an auto-host.h file that contains either "#define
> HAVE_GAS_COMDAT_GROUP 1" or "#define HAVE_GAS_COMDAT_GROUP 0".
I have the #undef in config.in, and auto-host.h is generated by configure, but
without any reference to HAVE_GAS_COMDAT_GROUP... I tried to make distclean,
but it didn't change anything. I guess there must be a problem with my
system, and I don't wish to bother you anymore with that if it works with
other people. How can I know if I must hand-set HAVE_GAS_COMDAT_GROUP to 0 or
1 ? I have Linux on a x86. Out of curiosity, what does this define mean ? Is
it a GCC internal or something more general ?

Regards,
Simno