* Your patch causes regression in the Fortran frontend
@ 2004-09-21 18:22 Tobias Schlüter
From: Tobias Schlüter @ 2004-09-21 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

The patch you submitted on Sept 13th,
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2004-09/msg00581.html>, with ChangeLog entry

	PR tree-opt/10528
	* tree-inline.c (copy_body_r): Recompute bits for ADDR_EXPR,
	after copying its argument.

causes the following regressions in the Fortran frontend on i686-pc-linux:

FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/contained_3.f90 compilation,  -O2
FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/contained_3.f90 compilation,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer
FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/contained_3.f90 compilation,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/contained_3.f90 compilation,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-all-loops -finline-functions
FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/contained_3.f90 compilation,  -O3 -g
FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/contained_3.f90 compilation,  -Os
FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/st_function.f90 compilation,  -O2
FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/st_function.f90 compilation,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer
FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/st_function.f90 compilation,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/st_function.f90 compilation,  -O3
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-all-loops -finline-functions
FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/st_function.f90 compilation,  -O3 -g
FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/st_function.f90 compilation,  -Os

I.e. all of these disappear if the above change is backed out.

Regards,
- Tobi

* Re: Your patch causes regression in the Fortran frontend
@ 2004-09-23 18:12 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 2004-09-23 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: graham.stott; +Cc: fortran, gcc, tobias.schlueter

    Could this be related to the problem Kenner found yesterday with
    inlining and shared INTEGER_CST nodes being incorrectly modified
    during inlining?

Seems very highly unlikely to me since the problem I ran into should
only affect types that have variable bounds and I don't think Fortran
does that.  Also, that ICE is very specific.

In any event, I'm about to check in the fix for the problem I found,
so you'll know for sure then.