* Cleanup tests failing
@ 2004-10-18 10:20 Greg Schafer
From: Greg Schafer @ 2004-10-18 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi

When compiling against the latest Glibc snapshots, these GCC tests that
relate to "cleanups with exception handling thru' signal frames" have
started failing.

FAIL: gcc.dg/cleanup-10.c execution test
FAIL: gcc.dg/cleanup-11.c execution test
FAIL: gcc.dg/cleanup-8.c execution test
FAIL: gcc.dg/cleanup-9.c execution test

Could someone kindly comment on whether this is a critical problem or not?

Does anyone know where the cause lies ie: GCC or Glibc?

Browsing the test results archive shows that quite a number of folks are
also seeing the same failures eg:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-10/msg00874.html
  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-10/msg00862.html
  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-10/msg00853.html
  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-10/msg00819.html
  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-10/msg00599.html
  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-10/msg00769.html

Thanks for any insight.

Regards
Greg

* Re: Cleanup tests failing
@ 2004-10-21 14:09 ` Greg Schafer
From: Greg Schafer @ 2004-10-21 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 06:02:00PM +1000, Greg Schafer wrote:

> When compiling against the latest Glibc snapshots, these GCC tests that
> relate to "cleanups with exception handling thru' signal frames" have
> started failing.
>
> FAIL: gcc.dg/cleanup-10.c execution test
> FAIL: gcc.dg/cleanup-11.c execution test
> FAIL: gcc.dg/cleanup-8.c execution test
> FAIL: gcc.dg/cleanup-9.c execution test

For the record, these are now fixed (on my x86 box) by this patch from rth:

Thanks
Greg