* --target=v850-unknown-elf for c, c++ and java?
@ 2005-08-13  8:37 Torsten Mohr
From: Torsten Mohr @ 2005-08-13  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

i try to set up an extended tool chain for --target=v850-unknown-elf.

I configured and installed binutils-2.16, that went fine.

Configuring and building gcc-3.4.4, gcc-4.0.1 all fail at libstdc++-v3.
It seems that there is no "atomic operation provided for this system":

configure: WARNING: No native atomic operations are provided for this \
platform.
configure: WARNING: They cannot be faked when thread support is disabled.
configure: WARNING: Thread-safety of certain classes is not guaranteed.
configure: error: No support for this host/target combination.
make: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Fehler 1

Do i need to provide other options or add other packages?

Is there a way to compile c, c++ and java for target v850-unknown-elf?

Best regards,
Torsten.

* Re: --target=v850-unknown-elf for c, c++ and java?
@ 2005-08-14  0:36 ` James E Wilson
From: James E Wilson @ 2005-08-14  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Torsten Mohr; +Cc: gcc

Torsten Mohr wrote:
> configure: WARNING: No native atomic operations are provided for this \
> platform.
> configure: WARNING: They cannot be faked when thread support is disabled.
> configure: WARNING: Thread-safety of certain classes is not guaranteed.

These are just warnings, and won't stop the build.  This indicates some
porting work that hasn't been done for the v850 target yet.

> configure: error: No support for this host/target combination.

Most likely this means that you failed to provide a target C library.
libstdc++ can't be built without one.  Since you failed to give any info
about how you are configuring and building the cross compiler, I can't
say what you did wrong.  I can only point you at an example that gets it
right.  See
     http://gcc.gnu.org/simtest-howto.html
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com

* Re: --target=v850-unknown-elf for c, c++ and java?
@ 2005-08-14  5:40   ` Torsten Mohr
From: Torsten Mohr @ 2005-08-14  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: James E Wilson

Hi,

thanks for your hints!

Sorry for being unclear in my first mail.  You were right, it
was the C library that was missing.  As i've provided newlib
now, i now got a working compiler for C, C++ and Java.

Best regards,
Torsten.