* What systems (if any) have fprintf_unlocked?
@ 2005-08-14 15:29 Kaveh R. Ghazi
From: Kaveh R. Ghazi @ 2005-08-14 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: zackw

Hmm I'm curious, what systems (if any) have fprintf_unlocked?

The first mention of it that I see is where Zack added the machinery
to detect it here:

From the way he writes it was an afterthought, and not the main
purpose of his patch.

But I don't see fprintf_unlocked on my linux-gnu box nor does it
appear in e.g. glibc-2.3.4.  Any ideas?

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu

* Re: What systems (if any) have fprintf_unlocked?
@ 2005-08-14 17:30 ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2005-08-14 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. Ghazi; +Cc: gcc

Kaveh R. Ghazi said:
> Hmm I'm curious, what systems (if any) have fprintf_unlocked?

At the time I thought glibc had it, but I don't see it on my (2.3.5)
system now.

baffled,
zw

* Re: What systems (if any) have fprintf_unlocked?
@ 2005-08-15 15:17   ` Nix
From: Nix @ 2005-08-15 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zack Weinberg; +Cc: Kaveh R. Ghazi, gcc

On 14 Aug 2005, Zack Weinberg yowled:
> Kaveh R. Ghazi said:
>> Hmm I'm curious, what systems (if any) have fprintf_unlocked?
>
> At the time I thought glibc had it, but I don't see it on my (2.3.5)
> system now.

It doesn't appear in the changelogs either.

Is it possible you got confused with fputs_unlocked() or something?

--
`I work in computers so, of course, I'm an expert on everything.'
                                                     --- Simon Rumble

* Re: What systems (if any) have fprintf_unlocked?
@ 2005-08-15 17:59     ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2005-08-15 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nix; +Cc: Kaveh R. Ghazi, gcc

Nix said:
> On 14 Aug 2005, Zack Weinberg yowled:
>> Kaveh R. Ghazi said:
>>> Hmm I'm curious, what systems (if any) have fprintf_unlocked?
>>
>> At the time I thought glibc had it, but I don't see it on my (2.3.5)
>> system now.
>
> It doesn't appear in the changelogs either.
>
> Is it possible you got confused with fputs_unlocked() or something?

I'm not going to be able to remember exactly.  It might be worth looking
at various proprietary Unixes to see if they've got fprintf_unlocked, but
given the date I don't think I was looking at one of them.  My best guess
is that I simply assumed glibc had it, since it seemed to have _unlocked
variants of all the other stdio functions.

zw

* Re: What systems (if any) have fprintf_unlocked?
@ 2005-08-15 18:22       ` Kaveh R. Ghazi
From: Kaveh R. Ghazi @ 2005-08-15 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zackw; +Cc: dave.anglin, gcc, nix

 > I'm not going to be able to remember exactly.  It might be worth
 > looking at various proprietary Unixes to see if they've got
 > fprintf_unlocked, but given the date I don't think I was looking at
 > one of them.  My best guess is that I simply assumed glibc had it,
 > since it seemed to have _unlocked variants of all the other stdio
 > functions.
 > zw

Hmm, I found another interesting reference to fprintf_unlocked here:

In it Dave points out that hpux is missing fputc_unlocked and
therefore neither fputs_unlocked or fprintf_unlocked should transform
into fputc_unlocked.

Dave, does hpux have fprintf_unlocked or was mentioning it a mistake?

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--

@ 2005-08-15 19:04         ` John David Anglin
From: John David Anglin @ 2005-08-15 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. Ghazi; +Cc: zackw, dave.anglin, gcc, nix

>  > I'm not going to be able to remember exactly.  It might be worth
>  > looking at various proprietary Unixes to see if they've got
>  > fprintf_unlocked, but given the date I don't think I was looking at
>  > one of them.  My best guess is that I simply assumed glibc had it,
>  > since it seemed to have _unlocked variants of all the other stdio
>  > functions.
>  > zw
>
> Hmm, I found another interesting reference to fprintf_unlocked here:
>
> In it Dave points out that hpux is missing fputc_unlocked and
> therefore neither fputs_unlocked or fprintf_unlocked should transform
> into fputc_unlocked.
>
> Dave, does hpux have fprintf_unlocked or was mentioning it a mistake?

It doesn't have either fprintf_unlocked or fputc_unlocked.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)