* Searching for a branch for the see optimization.
@ 2005-08-22 12:46 Leehod Baruch
From: Leehod Baruch @ 2005-08-22 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I would like to know if someone knows a suitable branch for the sign
extension optimization pass.

This pass stands for itself.  There are not many changes to the other
parts of the gcc.

For details see:

Leehod.

* Re: Searching for a branch for the see optimization.
@ 2005-08-22 14:27 ` Steven Bosscher
From: Steven Bosscher @ 2005-08-22 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: Leehod Baruch

On Monday 22 August 2005 14:46, Leehod Baruch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if someone knows a suitable branch for the sign
> extension optimization pass.

Why not just maintain it in a local tree and post refined
versions every now and then, until stage 1 for GCC 4.2 opens?
Branches are for major work and a new pass is not that major.

Gr.
Steven

* Re: Searching for a branch for the see optimization.
@ 2005-08-23 21:46   ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2005-08-23 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Bosscher; +Cc: gcc, Leehod Baruch

Steven Bosscher wrote:
> On Monday 22 August 2005 14:46, Leehod Baruch wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I would like to know if someone knows a suitable branch for the sign
>>extension optimization pass.
>

> Why not just maintain it in a local tree and post refined
> versions every now and then, until stage 1 for GCC 4.2 opens?
> Branches are for major work and a new pass is not that major.

It's also fine to create a new branch for this work.  That let's other
people see what you're working on.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: Searching for a branch for the see optimization.
@ 2005-08-24  8:10     ` Leehod Baruch
From: Leehod Baruch @ 2005-08-24  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: gcc, Steven Bosscher, Mircea Namolaru

> > Why not just maintain it in a local tree and post refined
> > versions every now and then, until stage 1 for GCC 4.2 opens?
> > Branches are for major work and a new pass is not that major.
>
> It's also fine to create a new branch for this work.  That let's other
> people see what you're working on.

That was my original purpose of searching for a brunch.
I thought that if there is a related branch open I could join in.
I don't think that it will disturb other people work.

Leehod.