* egcs-1.1b successfully built on hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.01
@ 1998-11-02  7:39 Gero Wedemann
From: Gero Wedemann @ 1998-11-02  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi!

I just build and installed egcs-1.1b successfully on our HP-Convex S-2000
runnning HP_UX 10.1 (hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.01) with posix-threads enabled and
using gas. For installation is was essental not to install the whole
GNU-binutil package but to install gas only. After that it was no problem.
Only one strange thing remains: I have to link always everything with
-lpthread even if I do not use them.

I run also the testsuite: Here are the results:

                === libstdc++ Summary ===

# of unexpected failures        10
# of expected failures          20

                === gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes            7479
# of unexpected failures        19
# of expected failures          7
# of unsupported tests          18

                === g++ Summary ===

# of expected passes            3614
# of unexpected failures        305
# of unexpected successes       2
# of expected failures          386
# of untested testcases         7

                === g77 Summary ===

# of expected passes            415

My own code which uses exception-handling and templates heavily compiles
and runs without problems.

Gero

Gero Wedemann
DKFZ / Division Biophysics of Macromolecules
Tlf. (+49) 6221-42-3398
email gero.wedemann@dkfz-heidelberg.de
PGP key: http://www.dkfz-heidelberg.de/Macromol/wedemann/mypageng.html

* Re: egcs-1.1b successfully built on hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.01
@ 1998-11-03 21:28 ` Mike Romberg
From: Mike Romberg @ 1998-11-03 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

     > Hi!  I just build and installed egcs-1.1b successfully on our
     > HP-Convex S-2000 runnning HP_UX 10.1 (hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.01)
     > with posix-threads enabled and using gas. For installation is
     > was essental not to install the whole GNU-binutil package but
     > to install gas only. After that it was no problem.  Only one
     > strange thing remains: I have to link always everything with
     > -lpthread even if I do not use them.

  I am seeing this as well.  Does anyone know where the pthread stuff
is comming from?  It seems to me that if gcc (or one of its libraries)
is using pthreads then it ought to add the pthread library to the link
line just as it does libc.  This pthread problem does not show up on
Linux.

Mike Romberg (romberg@fsl.noaa.gov)

* Re: egcs-1.1b successfully built on hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.01
@ 1998-11-09  2:35 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-11-09  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gero Wedemann; +Cc: egcs

  In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.981102140513.509A-100000@hadrian.inet.dkfz-heidelbe
rg.de>you write:
  > Hi!
  >
  > I just build and installed egcs-1.1b successfully on our HP-Convex S-2000
  > runnning HP_UX 10.1 (hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.01) with posix-threads enabled and
  > using gas. For installation is was essental not to install the whole
  > GNU-binutil package but to install gas only. After that it was no problem.
  > Only one strange thing remains: I have to link always everything with
  > -lpthread even if I do not use them.
gas is the critical element.  I do recommend installing all of the binutils
package though.  Things like objdump end up being awful useful :-)

jeff