From: Olivier Hainque <hainque@adacore.com>
To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: hainque@adacore.com, berrendo@adacore.com, roche@adacore.com
Subject: structuring a front-end subdirectory
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 21:33:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello,

As part of our Ada front-end maintainership, we (AdaCore) would like
to introduce a subdirectory of 'ada' where we would relocate all the
files implementing the Ada-front-end/GCC interface (the "gigi" sources
for the internal GNAT/GCC tree interfacing, plus the build
infrastructure bits: Make*.in and config-lang.in).

This would be a first step in setting up a generally clearer
organization of our sources and would help us move our internal trees
from cvs to svn, which we are working on these days to enhance our
patch submission/integration process.

In our current experimental setups, only very few and simple changes
to the language independant sources are necessary (one for sure, maybe
two, depending on a choice to make), not at all Ada specific so of
possible use to other front-ends.

Before proceeding with a formal patch submission, we would appreciate
feedback on the intent first and would be very happy to provide more
details if need be, so ...

Comments warmly welcome,

Many thanks in advance,

Olivier