From: Paul Brook <paul@codesourcery.com>
To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: "Steven Bosscher" <stevenb.gcc@gmail.com>,  hp@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Regression count, and how to keep bugs around forever
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 01:14:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> So I'm asking for a policy here that says when it is OK to resolve old
> bug without progress as WONTFIX or SUSPENDED. Start shooting.

I think this would be a big mistake to reuse an existing state for this.

If/when someone does start caring about that particular feature it'll be
impossible for them to distinguish between bugs that have been deliberately
closed (typically because the cure is worse than the disease), and those that
you've closed through apathy.

Paul