Hi Joel, Joel Sherrill wrote: > I can't seem to find the patch. Do you have a link? The initial submission, with a description of the problem we were having, is at http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2008-01/msg00759.html We have been using a slightly adjusted version for our gcc 4.3 based line of products, attached. I'm not clear on the status on mainline (whether the issue is still present etc). Olivier * config/arm/arm.c (args_to_rsa_distance): New function. Distance between the arguments and the registers save area. (arm_get_frame_offsets): Account for this distance in the frame pointer and registers save area offset computations. Add comments. (arm_expand_prologue): Add comments on the ARM frame pointer computation scheme. Count the "ip" push in the amount of space we use to save registers past the arguments area. Tidy the circuitry to restore IP past the frame pointer setup. (arm_compute_initial_elimination_offset) : Rewrite expressions along the lines of a straight common pattern.