Paolo Bonzini writes: >Are there non-Microsoft DLLs that expect to be hooked this way? If >so, I think the patch is interesting for gcc independent of whether it >is useful for Wine. Stefan Dösinger writes: >I haven't seen any so far. ... If this patch is essentially only for one application, maybe the idea of implementing a more generally useful naked attribute would be the way to go. I implemented a naked attribute in my private sources to do something similar, although supporting hookable prologues was just a small part of its more general use in supporting an assembler based API. Ross Ridge