From: Paul Brook <paul@codesourcery.com>
To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Cc: Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com>
Subject: Re: arm-elf multilib issues
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:19:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> Do we want to enable more multilibs in arm-elf?

Almost certainly not. As far as I'm concerned arm-elf is obsolete, and in
maintenance only mode. You should be using arm-eabi.

IMHO building lots of multilibs by default significantly increases toolchain
size and build time for little actual benefit. ARM CPUs are generally
backwards compatible and we only have one important ABI variant, so very few
multilibs are required for a functional toolchain. Anybody who cares about
optimized runtime libraries probably wants tuning for their exact setup,
rather than whatever arbitrary selections you're going to choose.

Paul