* GNU Tools Cauldron 2017, Prague, September 8-10
@ 2017-04-03 12:39 Jan Hubicka
       [not found] ` <87mvbnf3bq.fsf@euler.schwinge.homeip.net>
From: Jan Hubicka @ 2017-04-03 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,
we are very pleased to invite you all the GNU Tools Cauldron on 8-10 September
2017.  This year we will meet again in Prague, at Charles University.  Details
are here:

  https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/cauldron2017

As usual, please register (capacity is limited), send abstracts and ask
administrivia questions to tools-cauldron-admin@googlegroups.com.

I plan to contact GCC, GDB, binutils, CGEN, DejaGnu, newlib and glibc mailing
lists. Please feel free to share with any other groups that are appropriate.

Looking forward to see you in Prague,
Honza Hubicka

* GNU Tools Cauldron 2017: OMP (Offloading and Multi Processing) BoF
       [not found]               ` <CABXkX8gd1ZUS=kP-BuDbE3-eFVPkV81N07kK_+XO7jG9uH2ddg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-09-04 18:26                 ` Thomas Schwinge
From: Thomas Schwinge @ 2017-09-04 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc
  Cc: Jan Hubicka, Martin Jambor, Martin Liška,
	Michael V.Zolotukhin, Kirill Yukhin, Ilya Verbin,
	Andrey Turetskiy, Ilya Tocar, Torvald Riegel, Tobias Burnus,
	Matthias Klose, Jakub Jelinek, Alexander Monakov,
	Pekka Jääskeläinen, Cesar Philippidis,
	Randy_Allen, Andrew Stubbs, Julian Brown, Richard Biener

Hi!

As Honza told me recently, it has been proposed by Martin -- I don't know
which one ;-) -- and certainly makes sense, to have another OMP
(Offloading and Multi Processing) BoF at the GNU Tools Cauldron 2017,
which is currently scheduled for Saturday, 11:00 to 11:45.  That is, a
general OMP BoF session in addition to more specific individual
presentations.

Honza volunteered me to host it ;-) -- to which I'm not immediately
objecting, but my time to prepare anything at all is very limited
(non-existing?) right now, and I still got to first organize stuff/myself
for my other presentation slot...

We could do it off the cuff, but it'd also be very useful to know
beforehand a handful of topics to talk about.  So, who's interested in
contributing to this OMP BoF?  I put some candidates in CC, but
everyone's welcome to contribute, of course!  I suggest this should
really be BoF-like: more interaction and discussion instead of too much
presentation.

Grüße
 Thomas

* Re: GNU Tools Cauldron 2017: OMP (Offloading and Multi Processing) BoF
@ 2017-09-04 20:59                   ` Jan Hubicka
From: Jan Hubicka @ 2017-09-04 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Schwinge
  Cc: gcc, Martin Jambor, Martin Liška, Michael V.Zolotukhin,
	Kirill Yukhin, Ilya Verbin, Andrey Turetskiy, Ilya Tocar,
	Torvald Riegel, Tobias Burnus, Matthias Klose, Jakub Jelinek,
	Alexander Monakov, Pekka Jääskeläinen,
	Cesar Philippidis, Randy_Allen, Andrew Stubbs, Julian Brown,
	Richard Biener

> Hi!
>
> As Honza told me recently, it has been proposed by Martin -- I don't know
> which one ;-) -- and certainly makes sense, to have another OMP
> (Offloading and Multi Processing) BoF at the GNU Tools Cauldron 2017,
> which is currently scheduled for Saturday, 11:00 to 11:45.  That is, a
> general OMP BoF session in addition to more specific individual
> presentations.
>
> Honza volunteered me to host it ;-) -- to which I'm not immediately

To be precise, I also volunteered Martin (Jambor) to propose it.
In any case it seems it would be useful thing to have on programme. Let me
know if I should keep it there ;)

Honza

@ 2017-09-05 14:50                     ` Thomas Schwinge
From: Thomas Schwinge @ 2017-09-05 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, Jan Hubicka
  Cc: Martin Jambor, Martin Liška, Michael V.Zolotukhin,

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 22:59:36 +0200, Jan Hubicka <hubicka@ucw.cz> wrote:
> > As Honza told me recently, it has been proposed by Martin -- I don't know
> > which one ;-) -- and certainly makes sense, to have another OMP
> > (Offloading and Multi Processing) BoF at the GNU Tools Cauldron 2017,
> > which is currently scheduled for Saturday, 11:00 to 11:45.  That is, a
> > general OMP BoF session in addition to more specific individual
> > presentations.
> >
> > Honza volunteered me to host it ;-) -- to which I'm not immediately
>
> To be precise, I also volunteered Martin (Jambor) to propose it.
> In any case it seems it would be useful thing to have on programme. Let me
> know if I should keep it there ;)

Yes, let's keep it there, and I'm sure we'll find enough topics to
discuss with the group of people that are present (which I don't know
yet).

> > objecting, but my time to prepare anything at all is very limited
> > (non-existing?) right now, and I still got to first organize stuff/myself
> > for my other presentation slot...
> >
> > We could do it off the cuff, but it'd also be very useful to know
> > beforehand a handful of topics to talk about.  So, who's interested in
> > contributing to this OMP BoF?  I put some candidates in CC, but
> > everyone's welcome to contribute, of course!  I suggest this should
> > really be BoF-like: more interaction and discussion instead of too much
> > presentation.

Here is an abstract/agenda for this time slot.  Are you going to put it
onto the wiki page, or want me to do it?

    This is an interactive BoF to discuss all things OMP (Offloading and
    Multi Processing): from front ends (programming abstractions: OpenMP,
    OpenACC, maybe CPLEX (C Parallel Language Extensions)?, others?) to
    support for heterogeneous offload targets/GCC back ends (Intel MIC,
    Nvidia PTX, HSA/HSAIL, GCN, others?) -- and everything in between:
    middle end abstractions.  Automatic vectorization, parallelization
    (parloops/autopar, graphite, polly, others?).  Compilation flow in
    GCC (LTO model, HSAIL model).  Issues with complex GCC build
    configuration, problems for packagers, GNU/Linux distributions.

Grüße
 Thomas