* Successful full conversion
@ 2017-12-17  1:24 Eric S. Raymond
From: Eric S. Raymond @ 2017-12-17  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: Mark Atwood

Successful full conversion to a live git repo achieved.  Conversion
stuff pushed.

Jason, your filters script has a syntax error at line 32.  A lot of
it should probably be reposurgeon commands in the lift script, anyway.

I'm going to go do something other than stare at a display for a while.

You [should] not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will
convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it
would do and the harm it would cause if improperly administered
	-- Lyndon Johnson, former President of the U.S.

* Re: Successful full conversion
@ 2017-12-18 23:25 ` Joseph Myers
From: Joseph Myers @ 2017-12-18 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S. Raymond; +Cc: gcc, Mark Atwood

On Sat, 16 Dec 2017, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> Successful full conversion to a live git repo achieved.  Conversion
> stuff pushed.

Does it pass comparison (of both file content and permissions) of branch
tips / tags, as an important test of whether there are any further bugs to
resolve that show up that way, or is that test still to be done?

> Jason, your filters script has a syntax error at line 32.  A lot of

Looks like it should be using /bin/bash not /bin/sh.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com

* Re: Successful full conversion
@ 2017-12-18 23:37   ` Mark Atwood
From: Mark Atwood @ 2017-12-18 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Myers; +Cc: Eric S. Raymond, gcc

Where is this work keeping it's working archive?   On gitlab?

--

Mark Atwood
http://about.me/markatwood

* Re: Successful full conversion
@ 2017-12-19  0:45   ` Eric S. Raymond
From: Eric S. Raymond @ 2017-12-19  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Myers; +Cc: gcc, Mark Atwood

Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com>:
> On Sat, 16 Dec 2017, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
>
> > Successful full conversion to a live git repo achieved.  Conversion
> > stuff pushed.
>
> Does it pass comparison (of both file content and permissions) of branch
> tips / tags, as an important test of whether there are any further bugs to
> resolve that show up that way, or is that test still to be done?

Passes content comparison.  I hadn't thought to check permissions; I'll add
that to my check tool.

Content bugs would surprise me.  They're not uncommon when converting
CVS, because CVS metadata is...I'll just say "fragile".  Not so with
Subversion; the data model is different from Git's but the fact that
Subversion already has changesets removes a lot of error-prone
complexity from the translation logic.

> > Jason, your filters script has a syntax error at line 32.  A lot of
>
> Looks like it should be using /bin/bash not /bin/sh.

Ah, thanks.

* Re: Successful full conversion
@ 2017-12-19  0:47     ` Eric S. Raymond
From: Eric S. Raymond @ 2017-12-19  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Atwood; +Cc: Joseph Myers, gcc

Mark Atwood <fallenpegasus@gmail.com>:
> Where is this work keeping it's working archive?   On gitlab?

The master is on grelber in my basement. Copies are synced by Joseph, another
GCCer named Jason Merrill, and myself on snark.

* Re: Successful full conversion
@ 2017-12-19  1:31       ` Mark Atwood
From: Mark Atwood @ 2017-12-19  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: esr; +Cc: Joseph Myers, gcc

Ok, thanks. I just get nervous about work thats not backed up.

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017, 4:47 PM Eric S. Raymond <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:

> Mark Atwood <fallenpegasus@gmail.com>:
> > Where is this work keeping it's working archive?   On gitlab?
>
> The master is on grelber in my basement. Copies are synced by Joseph,
> another
> GCCer named Jason Merrill, and myself on snark.
> --
>
> My work is funded by the Internet Civil Engineering Institute:
> https://icei.org
> Please visit their site and donate: the civilization you save might be
> your own.
>

> --

Mark Atwood
http://about.me/markatwood