* GSoC Static Analysis
@ 2020-03-25 22:36 Andrew Briand
From: Andrew Briand @ 2020-03-25 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I am an undergrad interested in extending GCC’s static analysis pass for GSoC 2020. In particular, I’m interested in adding C++ support.

The selected project ideas list mentions adding new/delete checking and exception checking. The features that immediately come to my mind would be checking for undeleted allocations, mixing delete and delete[], double deletion (it seems the current static analyzer already checks for double free), and uncaught exceptions.

What would the expected scope of this project be? All of these features sound interesting to me, but I have no idea if doing all of them would be feasible within GSoC.

For information about my experience, I have about a year and a half of C++ experience (about nine months in a large code base), have written a few toy compilers in the past, and will soon be starting to take a formal course about compilers at my university.

Thanks,

Andrew Briand

[parent not found: <20200325223732.74127385E01C@sourceware.org>]