Hi Maciej, On Tue, 2021-10-19 15:39:15 +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote: > I have recently started a new position at Embecosm and the company has > offered me to sponsor a personal project related to its business. So I > had it in my mind already for a while to continue the effort with the VAX > backend I have started with the MODE_CC conversion, as a port maintainer. I'm all for it! > There has been the outstanding issue of improving code generation with > LRA we are going to switch to sometime as well as other problems noticed > in the course of said conversion. I will be happy to look into all this > and more for the port to improve and I seem to have been the only person > making substantial changes to the port in the recent times. And I can > serve as the point of contact for any queries or discussions about the > port. > > Would the GCC steering committee be willing to hand this responsibility > over to me? As well: I'm all for it! In the last few years, only minimal maintenance happened for the VAX backend. Neither Matt nor myself (not being a maintainer for VAX, but I care about this!) did do a lot. Would be great to have another port maintainer and I'm especially happy that you'd consider working on the VAX code in your sponsor project's time. Thanks, Jan-Benedict --