* VAX/GCC port maintenance
@ 2021-10-19 14:39 Maciej W. Rozycki
From: Maciej W. Rozycki @ 2021-10-19 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: Matt Thomas, Matt Thomas, Jan-Benedict Glaw, Maciej W. Rozycki

Hi,

 I have recently started a new position at Embecosm and the company has
offered me to sponsor a personal project related to its business.  So I
had it in my mind already for a while to continue the effort with the VAX
backend I have started with the MODE_CC conversion, as a port maintainer.

 There has been the outstanding issue of improving code generation with
LRA we are going to switch to sometime as well as other problems noticed
in the course of said conversion.  I will be happy to look into all this
and more for the port to improve and I seem to have been the only person
making substantial changes to the port in the recent times.  And I can
serve as the point of contact for any queries or discussions about the
port.

 Would the GCC steering committee be willing to hand this responsibility
over to me?

  Maciej

* Re: VAX/GCC port maintenance
@ 2021-10-21  8:12 ` Jan-Benedict Glaw