On Tue, 30 Aug 2022, 15:48 Anton Wöllert via Gcc, wrote: > Hello list! > > I was trying to build a cross-compilation toolchain for a specific > target using a newer GCC version, than the one that the binaries were > build on the target. > > The C part seems to work well, but the C++ part doesn't. It seems that > the G++ ships it's own libstdc++ include headers. Yes, because libstdc++ is part of GCC. If this libstdc++ is > newer than the one one the target, I get undefined references (because > there are some newer implementation details and things like that). Then you're not telling the executable how find the new libstdc++. https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/faq.html#faq.how_to_set_paths Is > it possible to tell G++/GCC to use the libstdc++.so from the target and > also to use the C++ headers (like iostream) from the target? > It's possible, but unsupported and probably won't work. If not, is there any reason this is hard-coded? > The libstdc++ headers are tightly coupled to the GCC version, so headers from a given GCC release might not even compile with a newer or older GCC.