Hi Alex, At 2022-11-10T11:59:02+0100, Alejandro Colomar wrote: > > You know what Moltke said about plans and contact with the enemy. > > For one thing, I think the Linux kernel will move too fast to permit > > such a leisurely cadence. > > Heh, at this point, I burnt my ships, by using enhanced VLA syntax. > If I release that before GCC, I'm expecting to see an avalanche of > reports about it (and I also expect that GCC and forums will receive a > similar ammount). So yes, I expect to wait some longish time. Hah, you rebutted my Moltke with your namesake. You understand that I'm obligated to spring a reference to the Battle of Lepanto or something on you at some point. > > Also, as soon as Bertrand and I can get groff 1.23 out[1], I am > > hoping you will, shortly thereafter, migrate to the new `MR` macro. > > Not as soon as it gets released, because I expect (at least a decent > amount of) contributors to be able to read the pages to which they > contribute to, Laggardly adopters can always put this in man.local. .if !d MR \{\ . de MR . IR \\$1 (\\$2)\\$3 . . .\} > but as soon as it makes it into Debian stable, yes, that's in my > plans. So, if you make it before the freeze, that means around a > couple of months from now. Yes. It is a major personal goal to get groff 1.23 into Debian bookworm. > > > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhH2egTLohM Regards, Branden