*  Willing to apply for GSoC 2018
@ 2018-02-15 17:20 김규래
From: 김규래 @ 2018-02-15 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: mjambor, richard.guenther, mliska

Hi, my name is Ray Kim.
I am a Junior EE student in Sogang Univ. Korea.
I wish applying to gcc for GSoC 2018.

I'm have a little experience on C, C++, Parallelism/Concurrency and CUDA,
however mostly very new to compiler technology.

Though I'm personally interested in the projects below,

- Parallelize the compilation using threads
- Textual Representation of LTO Object Files

I'm afraid if I will be skilled enough.
I will be glad to be informed about the projects above.

Here is a link to my github profile for past toy projects I personally worked on.
https://github.com/Red-Portal

Great admiration for all working on gcc
msca8h at naver dot com
msca8h at sogang dot ac dot kr
Ray Kim.

* Re: Willing to apply for GSoC 2018
@ 2018-02-16 11:16 ` Richard Biener
From: Richard Biener @ 2018-02-16 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 김규래; +Cc: GCC Development, Martin Jambor, mliska

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 6:20 PM, 김규래 <msca8h@naver.com> wrote:

> Hi, my name is Ray Kim.
>
> I am a Junior EE student in Sogang Univ. Korea.
>
> I wish applying to gcc for GSoC 2018.
>

> I'm have a little experience on C, C++, Parallelism/Concurrency and CUDA,
>
> however mostly very new to compiler technology.

You should be comfortable with working with a quite large C++ (but in the
end mostly legacy C) code-base.  It's not necessarily a requirement to
be able to produce a lot of new code very efficiently but at least you need
to be able to leard GCC internals from reading its source.

You can check if you qualify for that by downloading sources or checking
the source repository online.

Richard.