* Troubles instaling GCC
@ 1999-09-06 11:42 Isaac Salsberg
From: Isaac Salsberg @ 1999-09-06 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I'm installing gcc on a HP machine series V with  OS: HP-UX B.11.00 U
9000/800 74704556. I read in the build status page Build status for GCC
2.95
that the installation on

hppa2.0-hp-hpux11.00
and
hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00
was Successful.

The path used is /opt/gnu/gcpp/source as the srcdir
             and /opt/gnu/gcpp/object as the objdir

However I'm getting the following errors on the build stage (make
bootstrap) using the GNU make:

va/jcf-write.o differsjava/jv-scan.o differs
java/jvgenmain.o differsjava/lang.o differsjava/mangle.o differs
java/parse-scan.o differsjava/parse.o differsjava/typeck.o differs
java/verify.o differsjava/xref.o differsjava/zextract.o differs
make[1]: *** [compare] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/gnu/gcpp/object/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

The file Versions I'm using are:
gcc-2_95-2_95_1_diff.gz
gcc-2_95_1_tar.gz
make-3_77_tar.gz

I'm using the defaults on both the config and the build stages.

The first time I used the HP-UX make.
The second time I succesfully installed the GNU make and ran the build
stage with it, nevertheless I got the previous error messages.

Could You help me please?

Thanking in advance,

Isaac Salsberg <isalsberg@yahoo.com>

* Re: Troubles instaling GCC
@ 1999-09-07  0:23 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1999-09-07  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Isaac Salsberg; +Cc: gcc

  In message < 19990906184346.19478.rocketmail@web221.mail.yahoo.com >you write:

  > Hi,
  >
  > I'm installing gcc on a HP machine series V with  OS: HP-UX B.11.00 U
  > 9000/800 74704556. I read in the build status page Build status for GCC
  > 2.95
  > that the installation on
  >
  > hppa2.0-hp-hpux11.00
  > and
  > hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00
  > was Successful.
  >
  > The path used is /opt/gnu/gcpp/source as the srcdir
  >              and /opt/gnu/gcpp/object as the objdir
  >
  > However I'm getting the following errors on the build stage (make
  > bootstrap) using the GNU make:
  >
  > va/jcf-write.o differsjava/jv-scan.o differs
  > java/jvgenmain.o differsjava/lang.o differsjava/mangle.o differs
  > java/parse-scan.o differsjava/parse.o differsjava/typeck.o differs
  > java/verify.o differsjava/xref.o differsjava/zextract.o differs
  > make[1]: *** [compare] Error 1
  > make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/gnu/gcpp/object/gcc'
  > make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
What assembler are you using?

If you read the installation instructions they will tell you that the HP
assemblers are known to produce this behavior because they (bogusly) but
timestamps into each .o file.

jeff

* Re: Troubles instaling GCC
@ 1999-09-30 18:02   ` Jeffrey A Law