* libf2c CVS history
@ 1998-02-15 10:28 Dave Love
From: Dave Love @ 1998-02-15 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

libf2c seems to have been relocated by copying source, not the RCS
files, so it's lost the revision history.  Could this be reconstructed
(by me if necessary)?

* Re: libf2c CVS history
@ 1998-02-15 16:40 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-02-15 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Love; +Cc: egcs

  In message < rzq67mg3epl.fsf@djlvig.dl.ac.uk >you write:
  > libf2c seems to have been relocated by copying source, not the RCS
  > files, so it's lost the revision history.  Could this be reconstructed
  > (by me if necessary)?
The normal and safest way to move files/dires within a CVS or RCS
tree does not preserve such information in the new copy.

The alternative approach involves mucking directly with the repository
and carries certain risks if you don't do it right.

It's a fair amount of work, but I can probably go back and re-add
that information.  How badly do you want it :-)

jeff