* gcc Instalation
@ 2000-05-26  7:28 Luis Morgado
From: Luis Morgado @ 2000-05-26  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello
My name is Luis and I'm not an experienced person in UNIX.
I've tried to configure/make/install gcc into my machine (HP-UX 10.20), and
I've had lots of problems, starting on dependencies (which I went trough)
and other problems I can't figure out.
So it was a joy when I saw your HP-UX 10.20 Dynamically Linked Binary
(gzipped), in the HP-UX Public Software Site
( http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/ ).
I thought all I had to do was running some install program that would copy
the bin/lib files to the right directories for me. Instead of that, I found
no install programs on the package, and the readmes where all about building
from the source code.
Of course I tried to copy those binary files into /usr/local/bin and lib,
/usr/bin and lib and of course gcc now has installation problems.
What I need to know is : is there any way I can copy those binary files into
the right places, or is there any place I can read about it ?
Thanks in advance
Luis Morgado
Lisbon, Portugal

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-05-26  7:28 UTC | newest]