At 07:48 AM 11/29/98 -0800, H.J. Lu wrote: >> Ps, I upgraded to libc6 with this pointer : http://huizen.dds.nl/~frodol/glibc/ . >> No problems , works fine. Build KDE on it. The find_solib error in gdb was >> because I didnt switched the environment (libc5), so thats not the point. >> > >How did you upgrade to libc6? It is not recommended to everyone since >it can lead to a broken system very easily if you don't know what you >are doing. Under which directory you install libc6? > I upgraded just like said in Frodol's step by step guide. I installed it in /usr/i586-linux-libc6/lib. I havent noticed any problems except compiling egcs. The trick in this guide is that you can switch between your primary libc5 and libc6 very easily. If you see any flaws please tell me. Btw. I checked egcs-1.0.3 yesterday again. It didnt compile either. My first successfull build was for libc5. It failes on enquire.c (cc1 signal 11) this time. This problem is also reported by others on frodol's problem page. There is an advice to try it without optimizing but it doesnt work. I debugged both egcs-1.0.3 & 1.1.1-prerelease-3, and they both crash at the end of output_constant_pool() in varasm.c for no good reason. My guess is that cc1 is miscompiled yes, but I cant trace the cause. Maybe its a glibc thing , maybe not. I think this error is reproduceable if you've got time to check out Frodol's step by step guide. Regards, René Janssen