From: David Edelsohn <dje.gcc@gmail.com>
To: Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu>
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: more graphite merges before gcc 4.5 branch?
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 18:23:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu> wrote:
>   Are there any plans for further merges out of the
> graphite branch before gcc 4.5 is branched? I was
> under the impression that the graphite developers
> originally intended to keep trunk more closely
> synchronized with the graphite branch during the
> gcc 4.5 release cycle and this doesn't seem to have
> happened. It would be a shame to see graphite's
> performance be suboptimal for another release cycle.

Yes, more Graphite merges are planned.  The VTA merge broke Graphite
and we are waiting for Alexandre's recent VTA fixes for Graphite to be
updated based on the initial feedback from Sebastian and merged into
the trunk.  Then the patches from Graphite can be merged.

Please keep in mind that Graphite is experimental and not a panacea.
If you and your colleagues want Graphite to be able to apply more
high-level loop transformations and want it to be more effective with
better tuning, please help implement the optimizations.

Thanks, David