* Re: A x86 patch for egcs 1.0.2
       [not found] <m0y3pjo-0004ecC@ocean.lucon.org>
@ 1998-02-15 20:19 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-02-15 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H.J. Lu; +Cc: egcs

  In message <m0y3pjo-0004ecC@ocean.lucon.org>you write:
  > Hi, Jeff,
  >
  > Could you please install this patch from the development trunk
  > to egcs 1.0.2? It fixes my IEEE long double bug. The problem is
  > during final_scan_insn, gcc fails to update cc_status when long
  > double is used.
  >
  > Thanks.
  >

  > --
  > H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)
  > ---
  > Fri Dec  5 16:26:03 1997  Bernd Schmidt <crux@ohara.Informatik.RWTH-Aachen.
  > DE>
  >
  > 	* i386.c (notice_update_cc): Remove bogus pentium GCC code.
I have installed this patch.

However, you included a lot of unnecessary changes in that patch, in
particular the patch had some purely reformatting changes which are
unnecessary and only make it more difficult for me to parse what
the patch actually does.

If you want patches to be installed on the release branch you're
going to have to start sending better patches.   Between the badly
botched linux changes (which you had to send 3 times to get correct)
and these, we both end up wasting a lot of time dealing with your
patches.

jeff

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-02-15 20:19 UTC | newest]