* tlink & -frepo
@ 1997-11-03  2:51 Andrey Slepuhin
From: Andrey Slepuhin @ 1997-11-03  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi,

We can see that at least two platforms (AIX and FreeBSD) need patches
for tlink.c
to cause it work properly with -frepo option. I'm not sure that only
these two
platforms need a patch. So, this can cause significant growth of tlink.c
size.
But all such patches can be generalized by searching for appropriate
regular
expression. What about rewriting tlink.c using regexp mechanism instead
of parsing
lines of linker output manually?

Also, it seems to be possible to integrate some parts of tlink as well
as some
parts of collect2 with GNU ld (I think, for example, that both collect2
and GNU ld
need to create some additional code for global ctors/dtors). What about
such idea?

Andrey Slepuhin,
Moscow State University

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-11-03  2:51 UTC | newest]