* Compiling problems (egcs)
@ 1998-03-20  8:45 Kjartan Maraas
From: Kjartan Maraas @ 1998-03-20  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnome-list; +Cc: egcs

Yesterday I got lots of undefined references to symbols from egcs
(980315) when compiling mico. It turned out that there were references
to the egcs-build-directory, in my case /usr/local/src/egcs-build, in
the libf2c.a library in /usr/local/lib (at least I think this was the
culprit). These references also ended up in my gnome-libs and after
deleting the egcs-build directory compiling barfed. Does anyone know why
this happened and what I might have done wrong?

Thanks in advance
Kjartan

* Re: Compiling problems (egcs)
@ 1998-03-24 14:49 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 1998-03-24 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kjartan Maraas; +Cc: gnome-list, egcs

	It turned out that there were references
	to the egcs-build-directory, in my case /usr/local/src/egcs-build, in
	the libf2c.a library in /usr/local/lib (at least I think this was the
	culprit). These references also ended up in my gnome-libs and after
	deleting the egcs-build directory compiling barfed.

`references' and `compiling barfed' are not very descriptive.  You need to
report exactly what commands you typed and exactly what problems you saw.

Some references from the source tree are unavoidable, because the libraries
are compiled with -g, and the debugging info contains the source file names.

Jim