* egcs
@ 1998-04-15 13:12 Mark Keaton
From: Mark Keaton @ 1998-04-15 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I have successfully built and installed egcs version 1.0.2.  The output
of config.guess was:

i686-pc-linux-gnu

Mark Keaton

* egcs
@ 1999-07-31 23:33 ` Andy Scott
From: Andy Scott @ 1999-07-31 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi,

I didn't see aix 4.3.1 on your build status page. I have it installed and the
output from config.guess is:
powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.1.0

One suggestion for the make install piece would be to either chmod the files and
 directories to the correct permissions
or set the umask to 22. I forgot to set the umask to 22 before I did the make
install and as a result others couldn't compile
as they didn't have access to the include header files, etc. I have adjusted the
 permissions to solve the problem.

Thanks.
Andy

* egcs
@ 1999-07-07 11:18 Andy Scott
From: Andy Scott @ 1999-07-07 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

       [not found] ` < 002201be56eb$dc47f840$0201a8c0@kenkhome.headquarters.brls.com >
@ 1999-02-28 22:53 ` Kenneth Kasajian (Simply Solutions)
From: Kenneth Kasajian (Simply Solutions) @ 1999-02-28 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Do you have the binaries for Win32 (NT4) available for egcs?  I can't seem
locate it on your server anywhere.

btw, just as a suggestion, if these aren't available, you may want to put
that in your FAQ.

Thanks for your help

Kenneth Kasajian

* Re: egcs
@ 1999-02-28 22:53     ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 1999-02-28 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Kashani; +Cc: egcs

On Sun, 07 Feb 1999 12:37:56 -0800, Bob Kashani wrote:
>Hi, I'm trying to compile egcs-1.1.1 but I've got a question: What does
>this mean and how do I set it? "when configuring a native system, either
>"cc" or "gcc" must be in your path or you must set CC in your
>environment before running configure. Otherwise the configuration
>scripts may fail."

It's telling you you need a C compiler already around to compile egcs with.
If you do, don't worry about it.

zw

* Re: egcs
@ 1999-02-28 22:53     ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-02-28 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenneth Kasajian (Simply Solutions); +Cc: egcs

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Kenneth Kasajian (Simply Solutions) wrote:

> Do you have the binaries for Win32 (NT4) available for egcs?  I can't seem
> locate it on your server anywhere.
>
> btw, just as a suggestion, if these aren't available, you may want to put
> that in your FAQ.

The FAQ lists http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ as
the canonical site; from there you can pick up the binaries for 3
different ports to win32 variants.

If you can't locate the server, please check your network connectivity.
Name server configuration, unreachable hosts, and so on (nslookup, dig,
traceroute, and other tools help).

Regards,
Mumit

* egcs
       [not found] ` < 36BDF9A4.FBBAFAE9@kashani.net >
@ 1999-02-28 22:53 ` Bob Kashani
From: Bob Kashani @ 1999-02-28 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi, I'm trying to compile egcs-1.1.1 but I've got a question: What does
this mean and how do I set it? "when configuring a native system, either
"cc" or "gcc" must be in your path or you must set CC in your
environment before running configure. Otherwise the configuration
scripts may fail."

Red Hat Linux 5.2 on a i586.

i don't know if I'm suppose to send questions to this address so I
apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for it.

Thanks,

Bob
--
medieval@kashani.net
medieval@home.com

* Re: egcs
@ 1999-02-28 22:53 ` N8TM
From: N8TM @ 1999-02-28 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: medieval, egcs

In a message dated 2/7/99 12:43:02 PM Pacific Standard Time,
medieval@kashani.net writes:

<< Hi, I'm trying to compile egcs-1.1.1 but I've got a question: What does
 this mean and how do I set it? "when configuring a native system, either
 "cc" or "gcc" must be in your path or you must set CC in your
 environment before running configure. Otherwise the configuration
 scripts may fail."

 Red Hat Linux 5.2 on a i586. >>
All you need to do is to install the standard RH gcc development packages.
Nothing wrong with installing everything. The egcs configure will find them if
they are installed normally.  RH is one of the easiest installation
environments.  Your greatest decision will be whether you want to configure
with --prefix=/usr so that egcs takes over, or use a different directory so
that the RH compilers remain available.  You probably have an earlier version
of egcs available from RH to install, and you can install the new one in the
same place if you wish, and access either version by the -Vegcs-2.91.60 style
option.

* Re: egcs
@ 1999-02-28 22:53     ` perlsta
From: perlsta @ 1999-02-28 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenneth Kasajian (Simply Solutions); +Cc: egcs

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Kenneth Kasajian (Simply Solutions) wrote:

> Do you have the binaries for Win32 (NT4) available for egcs?  I can't seem
> locate it on your server anywhere.
>
> btw, just as a suggestion, if these aren't available, you may want to put
> that in your FAQ.
>
> Thanks for your help

RTFH (read the F**** homepage)

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

cygwin32, enjoy.

-Alfred

> Kenneth Kasajian

* Re: egcs
       [not found] ` < 002201be56eb$dc47f840$0201a8c0@kenkhome.headquarters.brls.com >
@ 1999-02-12 23:52   ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-02-12 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenneth Kasajian (Simply Solutions); +Cc: egcs

@ 1999-02-12 18:38   ` perlsta
From: perlsta @ 1999-02-12 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenneth Kasajian (Simply Solutions); +Cc: egcs

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Kenneth Kasajian (Simply Solutions) wrote:

> Do you have the binaries for Win32 (NT4) available for egcs?  I can't seem
> locate it on your server anywhere.
>
> btw, just as a suggestion, if these aren't available, you may want to put
> that in your FAQ.
>
> Thanks for your help

RTFH (read the F**** homepage)

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

cygwin32, enjoy.

-Alfred

> Kenneth Kasajian

* egcs
@ 1999-02-12 16:56 Kenneth Kasajian (Simply Solutions)
       [not found] ` < 002201be56eb$dc47f840$0201a8c0@kenkhome.headquarters.brls.com >
From: Kenneth Kasajian (Simply Solutions) @ 1999-02-12 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

@ 1999-02-07 16:18 N8TM
From: N8TM @ 1999-02-07 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: medieval, egcs

@ 1999-02-07 12:52   ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 1999-02-07 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Kashani; +Cc: egcs

@ 1999-02-07 12:38 Bob Kashani
       [not found] ` < 36BDF9A4.FBBAFAE9@kashani.net >
From: Bob Kashani @ 1999-02-07 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

@ 1998-10-15 21:35 Ernie Hershey
From: Ernie Hershey @ 1998-10-15 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

	I just successfully built and installed egcs-1.1b with the pgcs patch
on a 586/200 system running Redhat Linux 5.0.

[root@panache egcs-1.1b]# ./config.guess
i586-pc-linux-gnu
[root@panache egcs-1.1b]#

-Ernie Hershey

* egcs
@ 1998-07-21 15:51 Eric J Christeson
From: Eric J Christeson @ 1998-07-21 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I have successuflly built and installed egcs-1.0.3a, and am looking
forward to the next release.

./config.guess
i686-pc-linux-gnu

thanks
eric

*   Eric J Christeson <christes@plains.nodak.edu>	  *

* egcs
@ 1998-06-10 10:04 Isabel Campos Plasencia
From: Isabel Campos Plasencia @ 1998-06-10 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

 I installed succesfully egcs on my Linux PC.

 This is the output from config.guess: i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1

 regards	Isabel

* EGCS
@ 1998-04-20  9:59 Suhaib M. Siddiqi
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi @ 1998-04-20  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

This not is just let you know, as advised in your README file.

I compiled egcs-1.0.2 successfully on a WindowsNT machine.

The output from config.guess is i386-pc-win32

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Suhaib M. Siddiqi, Ph.D.

Tel:  (919) 941-9777 Ext. 238
Fax: (919) 941-9797
E-Mail: ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
http://www.inspirepharm.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

* egcs
@ 1998-01-26  5:01 Jens Voigt
From: Jens Voigt @ 1998-01-26  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I successfully built and installed egcs-1.0.1 on a sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1 system
without any problems.

Great software, congratulations,

Jens

+                                    Jens Voigt                               +
+   Technische Universitaet Dresden      |   Dresden University of Technology +
+   Institut fuer Nachrichtentechnik     |      communications laboratory     +
+                          D-01062 Dresden, Germany                           +
+                     email:   voigtje@ifn.et.tu-dresden.de                   +