* FORTRAN Calling C!
@ 1999-10-22  9:28 Joseph North
From: Joseph North @ 1999-10-22  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: fbernstein, jpeng, jnorth

Hi GCC Folks:

   Allow me to introduce myself: I'm
Joseph Roy North, and I'm using g77 on a
Sun Ultra 5
running Solaris 7.  I need some development assistance,
please.
   We have legacy FORTRAN software
which we are trying to keep in operation.
However, we can use C for new modules.  I
have tried to demonstrate a
FORTRAN driver invoking a C function, somewhat
similar to that described
in URL = http://www.tc.cornell.edu/Edu/Tutor/Interlanguage/index.shared.html ".
When I run something like "g77 fd.f cfunc.o
-lm", I keep getting a message like
symbol "mainl" not resolved.
Module "cfunc.c" has "mainl()" instead of the
usual "main()".  Any ideas on how
to solve my problem would be gratefully
appreciated.

Sincerely,

Joseph Roy North

Senior Systems Engineer

OC, Inc.

Alexandria, VA

E: jnorth@oc-inc.com

V: (703) 813-4911

* Re: FORTRAN Calling C!
@ 1999-10-25 14:51 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 1999-10-25 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph North; +Cc: gcc, fbernstein, jpeng

> Joseph North wrote:

> Hi GCC Folks:

[ Sorry, somehow I missed this question - hence my belated reply ]

>    Allow me to introduce myself: I'm Joseph Roy North, and I'm using
> g77 on a
> Sun Ultra 5 running Solaris 7.  I need some development assistance,
> please.
>    We have legacy FORTRAN software which we are trying to keep in
> operation.
> However, we can use C for new modules.  I have tried to demonstrate a
> FORTRAN driver invoking a C function, somewhat similar to that
> described
> in URL =
> http://www.tc.cornell.edu/Edu/Tutor/Interlanguage/index.shared.html ".
> When I run something like "g77 fd.f cfunc.o -lm", I keep getting a
> message like
> symbol "mainl" not resolved.  Module "cfunc.c" has "mainl()" instead
> of the
> usual "main()".  Any ideas on how to solve my problem would be
> gratefully
> appreciated.

You are probably better off following the advice in the g77 manual,
which is at:

http://egcs.cygnus.com/onlinedocs/g77_16.html#SEC522

Hope this helps,

--
Toon Moene (toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl)
Phone: +31 346 214290; Fax: +31 346 214286

* FORTRAN Calling C!
@ 1999-10-31 23:35 ` Joseph North
From: Joseph North @ 1999-10-31 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: fbernstein, jpeng, jnorth