* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-12-22  9:28 William F Severance
From: William F Severance @ 1999-12-22  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I willing to help have about 20 years experience with Fortran developing
application software, for numerous applications.

William F. Severance

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-12-31 23:54 ` William F Severance
From: William F Severance @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I willing to help have about 20 years experience with Fortran developing
application software, for numerous applications.

William F. Severance

* Re: g77 Help Wanted?
@ 2000-03-17  7:26 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2000-03-17  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antony Spyropoulos; +Cc: gcc

Antony Spyropoulos wrote:

> Running a LAPACK's benchmark (1000d.f) on two machines:

> CASE 2:
> Machine 1 (f77 -O ) : 23 Mflops
> Machine 2 (f77 -O) : 26.6 Mflops

> Is this paradox (PII is faster!! than PIII in case 2) due to the fuct
> that the curent fortan compiler
> does not exploits the architecture of PIII?

Well, at the very least it's true that egcs-1.1.2 predates the Pentium
III; one of the things you could try is download and build gcc-2.95.2
and run the benchmark using that compiler.

GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
GNU Fortran 95: http://xena.eas.asu.edu/~andy (under construction)

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 2000-03-17  5:38 Antony Spyropoulos
From: Antony Spyropoulos @ 2000-03-17  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Dear Madam/Sir

Running a LAPACK's benchmark (1000d.f) on two machines:

1. PIII 450MHz, 128MB RAM
2. PII  300MHz, 128MB RAM

under Linux (Slachware 7, Kernel 2.2.13), with egcs-1.1.2.

I obtained the following results in terms of Mflops:

CASE 1:
Machine 1 (no compiler optimization options): 20Mflops
Machine 2 (no compiler optimization options): 12Mflops

CASE 2:
Machine 1 (f77 -O ) : 23 Mflops
Machine 2 (f77 -O) : 26.6 Mflops

Is this paradox (PII is faster!! than PIII in case 2) due to the fuct
that the curent fortan compiler
does not exploits the architecture of PIII?

Thank you in advance,
Antony Spyropoulos

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 2000-03-01  2:28 Saverio Talarico
From: Saverio Talarico @ 2000-03-01  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Artwork Engineering s.n.c. Via Borzoli
122 H/R 16153   G E N O V A   -
Italy e-mail   artweng@tin.it Tel.   +39 010 6001
580 Fax   +39 010 6001 582

please send me more info to the laserPro
30 to 50 watt cutting machine
and a italian or european
distributor
thanks in advance
Saverio Talarico

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 2000-02-22 21:43 Abhijeet S.Karagudri
From: Abhijeet S.Karagudri @ 2000-02-22 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: neeraj

Hi there,

Could U please send me the GCC compiler version
2.7.2.3 immediately ? I need that as soon as possible.
I could not find one at the web site www.gnu.org .

Thanks,
-Abhijeet
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Hirode;Jyothsna;Viswanath
FN:Jyothsna Hirode
NICKNAME:Jyo
ORG:Kshema Technologies;Applications Group
TEL;WORK;VOICE:2995 114, 2995 115, 2995 116
TEL;WORK;FAX:227 2933
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;33/1 Lalbagh Road,=0D=0A;Bangalore;Karnataka;560 027;India
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:33/1 Lalbagh Road,=0D=0A=0D=0ABangalore, Karnataka 560 027=0D=0AIndia
REV:20000223T053501Z
END:VCARD

* Re: g77 Help Wanted?
@ 2000-02-22 17:18 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-02-22 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kapoor, Rajesh; +Cc: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

On Feb 18, 2000, "Kapoor, Rajesh" <rajesh.kapoor@intel.com> wrote:

> Do we have a cross compiler that can convert an exe file to x86 code ?

Nope, that's far from being the purpose of a cross compiler.

--
Alexandre Oliva     http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/     Enjoy Guaraná
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company        aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com

* Re: g77 Help Wanted?
@ 2000-02-20  6:49 N8TM
From: N8TM @ 2000-02-20  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rajesh.kapoor, gcc

In a message dated 2/18/2000 4:34:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rajesh.kapoor@intel.com writes:

> Do we have a cross compiler that can convert an exe file to x86 code ?
Something fancier than objdump?  Don't know of anything.

Tim
tprince@computer.org

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 2000-02-18 16:33 Kapoor, Rajesh
From: Kapoor, Rajesh @ 2000-02-18 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

Gnu Hi !!
Do we have a cross compiler that can convert an exe file to x86 code ?

Raj

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 2000-02-10 12:46 Ross A. Lippert
From: Ross A. Lippert @ 2000-02-10 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi.  Well, I'm not sure if I want to help with g77 because f77,
while still in use, is being superceded by f90 and f95.

Well maybe it is and maybe it isn't, but I have to say I program in
f77 when I have to, but mostly I use f90 with some f95 extensions.

Personally, I'm interested in f95 be
1) the module system is pretty darn good
2) the data structures are pretty darn good
3) it is much more lex-able than previous fortran standards
4) vendors charge an arm and a leg for it and I have to live
with their bugs.
5) Its fortran, and I have to work with scientists

I'm not an expert compiler writer by any means.  I am familiar
with lex and yacc and have written a few toys with them.

I'm not sure if I will look at the sources to egcs and recoil
in horror or plunge right in, but I'd just like to give a heads
up and see if anyone can give me some guidance.

-Ross

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-12-31 23:54 ` ezeng
From: ezeng @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,
      Can you tell me where I can get the GCC software binary file for
Solaris 2.7 version, thanks.

--
Best Regards,
Evan

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-12-31 23:54 ` Robert J. Schweikert
From: Robert J. Schweikert @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I have little time, but would be interested in doing maybe a little
project. I am a mechanical engineer and have a pretty good knowledge of
Fortran 77. I also speak Python but no C or C++, howvere, this will
change soon as I am signed up for a C++ course at my office.

Let me know what kind of help is needed and how much time commintment
you would need.

Robert

--
Robert Schweikert
r_k_schwei@mindspring.com

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-12-31 23:54 rao
From: rao @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Please let me know the sites from which i can download the GCC compiler
from the web only instead of ftp.

Is it possible for u send the compiler to me at rpanwar@tcg-software.com

Rajesh Panwar
email:  rpanwar@tcg-software.com

* Re: g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-12-31 23:54   ` Brian Ford
From: Brian Ford @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ezeng; +Cc: gcc

Try http://www.sunfreeware.com/

--
Brian Ford
Software Engineer

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-12-31 23:54 ` Hristo Laftchiev
From: Hristo Laftchiev @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

That's a good compiler - i use g77 every day in my
research practice.
Hristo Laftchiev - nuclear pcysics Ph.D. student

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-12-31 23:54 ` yang xu chun
From: yang xu chun @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Please send me one.Thank
u.

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-12-31 23:54 ` GAVELLE NOEL
From: GAVELLE NOEL @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I try to use g77 on linux, but there is a trouble to run
fortran program.

I use in my school a running program, i put it on my
home's  computer

There are two directories :   Source in which i put
source files and Run

i use a makefile (in Source directory)to compile and to link
these two directories.
i write make on the screen, there is no problem:
make generates all files.o.
Then, i go in Run directory and i write scl (the file
which allow to run program) but there is error  lines on the screen
:

multiple definition of "_init"

multiple definition of "_start"

multiple definition of "_umoddi3"

and other messages of the same type.

the last error message is:

collect2:ld returned 1 exit status

Can you help?

thank you for all.

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-12-23 17:44 GAVELLE NOEL
From: GAVELLE NOEL @ 1999-12-23 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

@ 1999-12-23  9:18 Robert J. Schweikert
From: Robert J. Schweikert @ 1999-12-23  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

@ 1999-12-22  6:52 ` Brian Ford
From: Brian Ford @ 1999-12-22  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ezeng; +Cc: gcc

@ 1999-12-21 19:19 ezeng
From: ezeng @ 1999-12-21 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

@ 1999-12-16 20:58 rao
From: rao @ 1999-12-16 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

@ 1999-12-11  7:58 Hristo Laftchiev
From: Hristo Laftchiev @ 1999-12-11  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

@ 1999-12-06  0:12 yang xu chun
From: yang xu chun @ 1999-12-06  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Please send me one.Thank
u.

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-11-30 23:37 ` Chris Doherty
From: Chris Doherty @ 1999-11-30 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi

I do not have a compiler on my system.  Do you have a gcc package I can
'pkgadd' from?

uname a produces

SunOS mail2 5.7 Generic_106541-04 sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-10

    Thanks
      -Chris

* Re: g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-11-30 23:37   ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 1999-11-30 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Doherty; +Cc: gcc

http://egcs.cygnus.com/install/specific.html#*-*-solaris*

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm,computer}.org

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-11-30 23:37 ` jmclancy
From: jmclancy @ 1999-11-30 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

     Hello,

     I work in systems (end-user) testing and am a student enrolled in CS
     at BU.  I am studying object-oriented programming in C++ and am
     interested in developing my skills as fast as possible.  I am writing
     to find out if you could use someone with my skill set and who would
     be able to commit to a couple of hours a week.

     Please reply to my home e-mail address (jdclancy@worldnet.att.net) or
     by phone (days: 617-537-0205, evenings 508-668-2843).

     Thanks in advance,
     Jim

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-11-30 23:37 ` Gary Scott
From: Gary Scott @ 1999-11-30 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi, I'd be interested in providing (modest/small) funding contributions
to a G95 project.  I think that many are hesitant to contribute funds
because we don't know whether somebody's building a new mansion with our
contribution or actually working on the things we want built.

 I don't presently have significant interest in bug fixes to an F77
product unless it is part of development towards F95.   I'd also like to
provide a big flashy advert on my web site on how people can contribute
to a G95 (it only gets about 150 hits/day, but that's something).  What
I need is a hard (official/honest/safe) mailing address and/or contact
person to receive and manage those funds that I can include in the
advert (don't know how FSF works at all).

If you're interested in any of this of course.

--
Gary Scott
mailto:scottg@flash.net

mailto:webmaster@fortranlib.com
http://www.fortranlib.com

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-11-30 23:37 ` Jeff Howard
From: Jeff Howard @ 1999-11-30 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

First, I'm sorry if this is not the appropriate area to send this type of message, but I couldn't find anywhere else. I am trying to setup Linux from scratch.  Mainly I want to do this, so it can be a learning process rather then just another installation.  Somebody directed be to GCC to compile the kernel.  The problem is that I can only find GCC in an uncompiled format.  Is there anywhere on your site where I can get an executable version of GCC?

                      Thanks for your help,
                                    Jeff Howard

* Re: g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-11-30 23:37   ` Philipp Thomas
From: Philipp Thomas @ 1999-11-30 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Rühr; +Cc: gcc

* Markus Rühr (ruehr@netlife.de) [19991116 16:36]:

Hint: try one of the ftp search engines, f.i. http://ftpsearch.lycos.com

--
	Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>

	close the windows - the penguin is freezing

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-11-30 23:37 ` Soon Young Kim
From: Soon Young Kim @ 1999-11-30 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi!
I have a  question related to the POINTER statement in gnu fortran.

I know that g77 doesn't support pointers, but I have to convert the
following POINTER statement to the statement
that g77 can accepts.

               .
               .
               .
       dimension d(1)
       pointer (it,d)                   <======= this statement cannot
be recognized by g77
              .
              .
              .
Please let me know how can I replace the POINTER statement with other
statement.

Thank you in advance

                               Soon Young KIM

* g77 Help Wanted?
@ 1999-11-30 23:37 ` Markus Rühr
From: Markus Rühr @ 1999-11-30 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello Gguys,

is there any chance, to download the old version 2.7.2 of gcc somewere?
If yes, where can i find it?

cheers

Markus
begin:vcard
n:Rühr;Markus
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Netlife Internet Consulting & Software GmbH;Service & Support
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:ruehr@netlife.de
x-mozilla-cpt:;32448