* G77 NAMELIST help
@ 2000-03-15  9:47 Michael T. Wolff
From: Michael T. Wolff @ 2000-03-15  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi!

I have a quick question.  I would like to run programs with
the fortran NAMELIST statement in them with g77  under Linux
Red Hat. But, when I try to run the compiled programs on my
Linux computer they die at the first instance of input via
the NAMELIST statement.  So, I go to the internet to get some
help with the exact syntax of the NAMELIST statement under GNU
fortran and I always seem to find the following statement:

The NAMELIST statement, and related I/O constructs, are supported
by the GNU Fortran language in essentially the same way as they are
by f2c.

Only problem is I can not find any detail on how f2c supports
the NAMELIST statement anywhere!  Will someone point me to
a good version of a f2c manual that will give good details on,
for example, what the exact syntax of the NAMELIST statement
is?

-Mike Wolff
 wolff@xip.nrl.navy.mil

* Re: G77 NAMELIST help
@ 2000-03-15 13:34 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2000-03-15 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael T. Wolff; +Cc: gcc

Michael T. Wolff wrote:

> Only problem is I can not find any detail on how f2c supports
> the NAMELIST statement anywhere!  Will someone point me to
> a good version of a f2c manual that will give good details on,
> for example, what the exact syntax of the NAMELIST statement
> is?

I do not think there's any significant difference between the NAMELIST
formats f2c and g77 support, and NAMELIST as it got standardized in
Fortran 90 - so a book on Fortran 90 should suffice.

--
Toon Moene (toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl)
Phone: +31 346 214290; Fax: +31 346 214286

From: 'David Scott Urban @ 2000-03-15 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wolff, toon; +Cc: gcc

Namelist format is as follows:

& group_name
name1=value1
name2=value2
name3=value3/ (/ is the terminating character)

> > Only problem is I can not find any detail on how f2c supports
> > the NAMELIST statement anywhere!  Will someone point me to
> > a good version of a f2c manual that will give good details on,
> > for example, what the exact syntax of the NAMELIST statement
> > is?

Scott

D. S. Urban
email : urban@ast.lmco.com
To be the person, you must know the person. To know the person, you must
understand the person. To understand the person, you must listen. To listen,
you must open your mind and put aside all preconceived ideas and notions.
From: Andrew Vaught @ 2000-03-15 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: Michael T. Wolff

>Only problem is I can not find any detail on how f2c supports
>the NAMELIST statement anywhere!  Will someone point me to
>a good version of a f2c manual that will give good details on,
>for example, what the exact syntax of the NAMELIST statement
>is?
>
>-Mike Wolff
> wolff@xip.nrl.navy.mil

The f2c documentation can be found at http://www.netlib.org/f2c/f2c.ps

It claims that the f2c namelist is the same as fortran 90 namelists, with
some exceptions that are mentioned in the doc.

It has been my experience that g77 namelist files and namelist
specifications have to match pretty exactly, with little tolerance for
error and poor error messages.

       Andy

Andy Vaught               ....        DO ITERS=1, 10  XOLD(K,IC,I)
andy@xena.eas.asu.edu     |  |   /CALLMSOLVE(A,B,X,I,ITERS,TOL)+(RANNYU(0)
Arizona State University  ======|WRITE(6,'(I5,2X,F12.6)')ITERS,TOL -HALF)
Tempe, Arizona USA        OOOOOO \ENDDORETURN PARAMETER(ZERO=1.D0)*TENTH*DELTA