* gcc20000320 on RH6.0 built succesfull but how to install ?
@ 2000-03-26 19:32 Michael Meding
From: Michael Meding @ 2000-03-26 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi everybody,

I configured and built succesfully the mentioned snapshot with
--enable-haifa --enable-cpp (is that right for me anyway?).

Thing is now, how Do I install gcc to replace my egcs1.1.2 that came
with RH6.0 ?

I am trying to build XF4 with it and when I change gcc to gcc -V 2.96
and c++ to c++ -V 2.96 than it messes up my build pretty bad. It stops
with an error.

So I guessed this was not the right way to do. ;-)

So what is the right way. Ive read the faq and the install docu but
couldn't find a way out of my dilemma.

Is there anybody outhere who did something like this already and would
be so kind as of giving me some advice ?

Thanks in avance.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Michael Meding