* Question concerning libf2c and libg2c
@ 2000-05-26  9:12 rlau
From: rlau @ 2000-05-26  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcs, gcc

Dear Fellow Developers:

Has anyone worked on libf2c or libg2c? If so, is there a documented version
where the
source is documented and where the functions are briefly explained.  I
understand the basic
idea behind some of the functions and how they work in conjunction with a
FORTRAN program,
but I am really baffled when I run the code thru a debugger.  I am sure the
author of the code
is a very good programmer, but some of the naming convention and programming
practices
are beyond my comprehension.

If anyone know anything that will be help in this situation, please share it
with me.
I will be very very very grateful.

Thanks

* Re: Question concerning libf2c and libg2c
@ 2000-05-26 14:20 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2000-05-26 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rlau; +Cc: gcs, gcc

rlau@csc.com wrote:

> Has anyone worked on libf2c or libg2c? If so, is there a documented version
> where the
> source is documented and where the functions are briefly explained.

Short answer: No.  Long answer: I don't think so.

> I understand the basic
> idea behind some of the functions and how they work in conjunction with a
> FORTRAN program,
> but I am really baffled when I run the code thru a debugger.  I am sure the
> author of the code
> is a very good programmer, but some of the naming convention and programming
> practices
> are beyond my comprehension.

You bet - they're also beyond mine.  My pet peeve theory is that the C
code is just translated verbatim from some assembler version of this
code.

I have debugged several functions of lib[fg]2c in the past.  If you have
a specific error report, just drop it at gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org and I'll
look into it.

Cheers,

GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html