* [plugins] Name for pass_all_optimizations
@ 2009-04-24  7:38 Justin Seyster
From: Justin Seyster @ 2009-04-24  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

    I'm working on porting a plug-in designed for the old
branches/plugin branch to the (recently merged) shiny new
branches/plugins branch.  One thing that's turning out to be tricky is
placing the plug-in transform in exactly the same place.  In the old
branch, plug-ins hook in just before the pass_all_optimizations
passes.  I want to specify pass_all_optimizations as the reference
pass for register_callback(), but pass_all_optimizations doesn't have
a name (the name field is NULL).
    Unless that's not a good place to put plug-in passes, I propose
giving the pass_all_optimizations pass the name "all_optimizations."
I believe that there are a handful of other unnamed passes that might
also be useful for plug-in developers.
        --Justin

* Re: [plugins] Name for pass_all_optimizations
@ 2009-05-12 13:13 ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2009-05-12 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justin Seyster; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 22:58, Justin Seyster <jrseys@gmail.com> wrote:

>    Unless that's not a good place to put plug-in passes, I propose
> giving the pass_all_optimizations pass the name "all_optimizations."
> I believe that there are a handful of other unnamed passes that might
> also be useful for plug-in developers.

Sounds like a good idea.  You can send patches against mainline now,
since all the plugin functionality has already been merged and we are
still in stage 1.  You will need a copyright assignment, if you don't
already have one.

Diego.

* Re: [plugins] Name for pass_all_optimizations
@ 2009-05-12 21:59   ` Justin Seyster
From: Justin Seyster @ 2009-05-12 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: gcc

Great!  I actually got around to submitting a patch before the
weekend, but Andrew Pinski noted that naming these passes results in
some unwanted dump files.  I plan to have a patch ready soon to fix
that up.
        --Justin