Hi, some weeks ago we posted a bug report (optimization/#4186) on bug-gcc. For us this bug - although it is "only" in the opt case - is critical. Without a solution we can not use gcc 3.* for our development. Now we face a similar optimization problem on ia64 as well (gcc 3.0, 3.01, snapshots ...). Again, if and only if we compile with -O2 our app crashes with SIGSEGV. And again, it seems that some registers get filled with incorrect values. Unfortunately we are still working to create a _small_ testcase. Does anybody of the gcc gurus know if there is some work on the register allocator etc going on? Is it possible that these two gcc bugs are related to the same high level mechanism? We need a fix really badly. Is it possible to fix this for 3.0.2? Best regards Willi Nuesser SAP Linuxlab PS: Please CC me since I´m not on the list.