* multilib question
@ 2001-11-07 18:34 Adrian von Bidder
From: Adrian von Bidder @ 2001-11-07 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

One more...

In my ongoing quest to get -membedded-pic (ex disable-got) on ARM (and
thumb), one question I've not yet resolved is the multilib options.

I'll need a lot of them, since I'll be doing a bit of testing:
-marm	(default)
-marm -fpic
-marm -fpic -membedded-pic
-mthumb
-mthumb -fpic
-mthumb -fpic -membedded-pic

Seems plain enough. BUT...

MULTILIB_OPTIONS     = marm/mthumb
MULTILIB_DIRNAMES    = arm thumb
MULTILIB_EXCEPTIONS  =

MULTILIB_OPTIONS    += fno-pic/fpic
MULTILIB_DIRNAMES   += no-pic pic

MULTILIB_OPTIONS    += mno-embedded-pic/membedded-pic
MULTILIB_DIRNAMES   += no-embedded embedded
MULITLIB_EXCEPTIONS += *fpic*/*membedded-pic*

omits the -fpic -membedded-pic (since embedded automatically includes
pic[1]) as asked, but it builds things like ./libgcc.a AND
./no-pic/libgcc.a (which are equivalent), same for thumb, and of course
no-pic/embedded which does not make sense at all... So it would seem
that except for the marm/mthumb, the flags are interpreted as tristate
(not specified/no-.../...)

[this is cvs, btw]

(Oh, and it still segfaults while building libgcc with optimization. But
I assume this is still the problem you [Nick] have already told me
about)

greets from Zürich
-- vbi

[1] wether this is wise is another matter. I'll be happy to discuss it
as soon as the other problems are solved

* Re: Multilib question
@ 1999-07-31 23:33     ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 1999-07-31 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: egcs

    Jeffrey> Let me guess mabi=64 on irix6?

No dummy, you.  Yup, that's the fragment I needed.  I wondered
why the build wouldn't abort if something was wrong, but I guess the
comment explains it.

Thanks!

* Re: Multilib question
@ 1999-07-31 23:33   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1999-07-31 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 19990711141628O.mitchell@codesourcery.com >you write:

  > I'm seeing a situation where configure/make bootstrap is producing
  > multilib'ed versions of some libraries (libgcc, libchill), but not
  > others (libstdc++).  Does anyone have any ideas about what could cause
  > such a situation?
Let me guess mabi=64 on irix6?

Note this code from config-ml.in:

        case " $multidirs " in
        *" mabi=64 "*)
          # We will not be able to create libraries with -mabi=64 if
          # we cannot even link a trivial program.  It usually
          # indicates the 64bit libraries are missing.
          if echo 'main() {}' > conftest.c &&
             ${CC-gcc} -mabi=64 conftest.c -o conftest; then
            :
          else
            echo Could not link program with -mabi=64, disabling it.
            old_multidirs="${multidirs}"
            multidirs=""
            for x in ${old_multidirs}; do
              case "$x" in