* Not building libstdc++
@ 2001-12-05  7:15 Adrian von Bidder
From: Adrian von Bidder @ 2001-12-05  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Heyho!

Still working with uclinux... (But this should not matter here)

I'm currently building the c++ compiler without libstdc++-v3 by
untarring gcc-core and gcc-g++ and removing the libstdc++-v3 subdir
before running configure. Is there a way not to build the library by
specifying a configure option? (like --without-libc, which I also use
currently).

rationale:
 - I don't want libstdc++ because it won't build without a libc, and I
build uclibc externally, not from the gcc build process
 - removing the subdir by hand is ugly when I want to apply patches
(3.0.1 to 3.0.2 etc.) or making diffs between my build version an the
tars - manual fiddling is required every time.

greets from Zürich
-- vbi

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-12-05 15:15 UTC | newest]