* Re: about compile principle of gcc
@ 2001-12-15 11:09 mike stump
From: mike stump @ 2001-12-15 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: attonie, gcc

> Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 20:27:08 +0800 (CST)
> From: "attonie" <attonie@etang.com>
> To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org

> few days ago, i read a book talk about compile principle, it take
> mention of the gcc`s compile principle is different from UNIX style

They lied to you.  (Or not.)

> (source->asm code->binary), in its words just like the
> interpretation of lisp, first translate all the source to a model
> then compile it to binary, so i have a question about HOW the gcc
> compile a source code,

gcc is a normal compiler, it compiles just all all other normal
compilers before it.  Certainly it is just like all other UNIX
compilers.

> its working principle is WHAT ?

Did you read the book we wrote on the subject?  If not, you might want to, see

http://gcc.gnu.org/

->  Docs:Manual:GCC Manual

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc.html

and then check read the whole thing, for example

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc_17.html#SEC181

tells you a little bit about the compiler.

> i very want to know what`s the model i also spent much time to
> search it online,

:-(

There is a good resource on the Internet called www.google.com, if you asked it:

GNU C compiler manual

it would have taken you to the gcc manual that describes these details.

* Re: about compile principle of gcc
@ 2001-12-15 12:23 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2001-12-15 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mike stump; +Cc: attonie, gcc

mike stump wrote:

> There is a good resource on the Internet called www.google.com, if you asked it:
>
> GNU C compiler manual
>
> it would have taken you to the gcc manual that describes these details.

Just to underline how good this resource is - if you ever need my phone
number, just type

Toon Moene

in Google's search box and hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button.

--
Toon Moene - mailto:toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl

* about compile principle of gcc
@ 2001-12-15  5:38 attonie