* Release Mangement Support From HP
@ 2002-04-22 10:11 Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2002-04-22 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I'm happy to announce that Hewlett-Packard and CodeSourcery now have
a contract in place to support my work as the GCC Release Manager.
That means I'll be able to remain the RM through April 2003 -- assuming,
of course, that the SC does not decide to find another RM!

The contract does not in any way require me to treat HPUX, or HPPA, or
IA64, or any other HP products preferentially.  It's just funding to keep
on doing what I've been doing, i.e., acting as the RM under the
supervision of the GCC Steering Committee.

It will now be possible for me to be more involved during the non-release
portions of the development cycle, which will hopefully lead to more
stability.  I'll be trying to keep a closer eye on the day-to-day
development on the mainline going forward.

* Re: Release Mangement Support From HP
@ 2002-04-22 13:34 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2002-04-22 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: gcc

Mark Mitchell wrote:

I'm all for extra support, of course ...

> The contract does not in any way require me to treat HPUX, or HPPA, or
> IA64, or any other HP products preferentially.

Doh !

Toon "Alpha Forever" Moene.

:-)

* Re: Release Mangement Support From HP
@ 2002-04-22 10:25 Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2002-04-22 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, mark; +Cc: mark

Wow, how generous of HP! This is great news for the gcc project.

-benjamin