With the patch in the attached email, I can build much further. At this point, the problems are newlib and libgloss. newlib's libc/machine/pa assembly code uses subspa directives and libgloss has a Makefile problem where it reports not having a target. My PA assembly language is WAY too rusty to attempt to fix newlib at this point. So please review and commit the attached patch to the 3.1 and main trunks. This will close PR6455. -- Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development joel@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805 Support Available (256) 722-9985