* I need help
@ 2002-07-29  6:53 Hermione Granger
From: Hermione Granger @ 2002-07-29  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Dear GNU/GCC,

   My C++ source file is attached. The error I am getting is:

[xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx xxxxx]$ gcc -c test.cpp
test.cpp: In function `void set_num (long unsigned int *)':
test.cpp:5: incompatible types in assignment of `long unsigned int *'
to `long unsigned int[1000]'
[xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx xxxxx]$

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

[-- Attachment #2: test.cpp --]

void set_num ( unsigned long set_to [ 1000 ] )
{
  unsigned long set_to2 [ 1000 ];
  unsigned long tmp [ 1000 ];
  set_to2 = set_to;

  tmp = set_to2;

  return;

* Re: I need help
@ 2002-07-29  7:57 ` Tim Prince
From: Tim Prince @ 2002-07-29  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hermione Granger, gcc

On Sunday 28 July 2002 19:30, Hermione Granger wrote:
> Dear GNU/GCC,
>
>    My C++ source file is attached. The error I am getting is:
>
> [xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx xxxxx]$ gcc -c test.cpp
> test.cpp: In function `void set_num (long unsigned int *)':
> test.cpp:5: incompatible types in assignment of `long unsigned int *'
> to `long unsigned int[1000]'
> [xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx xxxxx]$

I get more details:

tim@linux:/windows/E/src/net>gcc test.cpp
test.cpp: In function `void set_num(long unsigned int*)':
test.cpp:5: incompatible types in assignment of `long unsigned int*' to `long
   unsigned int[1000]'
test.cpp:7: ISO C++ forbids assignment of arrays

Could you consider that line 5 resembles line 7?
If you wish to assign arrays without diving into classes, you need g95.
--
Tim Prince

* Re: I need help
@ 2002-07-29  8:02 ` Nathan Sidwell
From: Nathan Sidwell @ 2002-07-29  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hermione Granger; +Cc: gcc

Hermione Granger wrote:

> [xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx xxxxx]$ gcc -c test.cpp
> test.cpp: In function `void set_num (long unsigned int *)':
> test.cpp:5: incompatible types in assignment of `long unsigned int *'
> to `long unsigned int[1000]'
> [xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx xxxxx]$
>
> Please tell me what I am doing wrong.
You are trying to copy a whole book of spells with one stroke of
the assignment wand. As Professor Dumbledore would have already
told you in advanced incantations, that only works when you are
copying into an alterable almanac from a book written in, say,
the language of Tran (particularly the dialect close to the fort).
It is much simpler to copy one page at a time.

Indeed, the newer gcc's have been updated with an explanation
daemon, which tells you,
<geekspeak>
test.cpp:7: ISO C++ forbids assignment of arrays
</geekspeak>

nathan
--
Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery LLC
         'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'

* Re: i need help
@ 2009-12-04 18:29 ` Justin P. Mattock
From: Justin P. Mattock @ 2009-12-04 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On 12/04/09 10:00, jose manuel Herrera Magana wrote:
> i am try to star hit my password and just don't letme beginig and tele smoking about certifiques and signaturas than i never see befor

well first things first is gcc has nothing
todo with your password settings.

maybe resetting your accounts settings
before doing su/sudo make install?

Justin P. Mattock

* i need help
@ 2009-12-04 18:02 jose manuel Herrera Magana
From: jose manuel Herrera Magana @ 2009-12-04 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: jose manuel Herrera Magana

i am try to star hit my password and just don't letme beginig and tele smoking about certifiques and signaturas than i never see befor

* Re: I need help.
@ 2004-05-25 12:26 ` mike
From: mike @ 2004-05-25 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andre Pena; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 08:47:45AM -0300, Andre Pena wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm a begginer in linux, and I've got some problems.
>
> I have installed a linux based on Knoppix which contains the gcc compiler
> but not the include libraries. In this way, I cannot compile any program. I
> would like to know how can I insert the libraries in my computer... Which
> package should I install.
>
> Sorry, my english is horrible
> Thanks in advance.

  Knoppix is based on debian Linux.
  You need the package libc6-dev to compile c programs.
  libstdc++5-dev to compile c++ programs.
  Post message to the debian mailing list to get more help.

Mike Wu

* I need help.
@ 2004-05-25 11:47 Andre Pena