* GCC 3.2 RTEMS Target Build Report
@ 2002-08-21 10:38 Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2002-08-21 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

We have built RPMs for GCC 3.2 and newlib 1.10.0 on a RedHat 7.3
GNU/Linux system for the following RTEMS targets.  For each target,
the languages included in the RPMs are listed.

arm-rtems 		- C, C++
h8300-rtems		- C, C++
hppa1.1-rtems		- C, C++
i386-rtems		- C, C++, Ada
i960-rtems		- C, C++
m68k-rtems		- C, C++
mips64orion-rtems	- C, C++
mips-rtems		- C, C++
powerpc-rtems		- C, C++, Ada
sh-rtemself		- C, C++
sh-rtems		- C, C++
sparc-rtems		- C, C++, Ada

There are some patches which were also needed for 3.1.  We
have had success building mips for Ada even though it wasn't
included in this set.  The arm, h8300, i960, m68k, and sh
backends require exception handling modifications to support Ada.

As the TI C4x and OR32/OR1K targets in gcc require special
patches, we did not build those for 3.2.

RTEMS is a free real-time operating system for embedded systems
based upon open standards.  The project provides pre-built GNU
toolsets for user convenience.  If anyone is interested, email
me for details.

* Re: GCC 3.2 RTEMS Target Build Report
@ 2002-08-23 15:35 ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2002-08-23 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Sherrill; +Cc: gcc

Joel Sherrill writes:

> We have built RPMs for GCC 3.2 and newlib 1.10.0 on a RedHat 7.3
> GNU/Linux system for the following RTEMS targets.  For each target,
> the languages included in the RPMs are listed.
>
> arm-rtems 		- C, C++
> h8300-rtems		- C, C++
> hppa1.1-rtems		- C, C++
> i386-rtems		- C, C++, Ada
> i960-rtems		- C, C++
> m68k-rtems		- C, C++
> mips64orion-rtems	- C, C++
> mips-rtems		- C, C++
> powerpc-rtems		- C, C++, Ada
> sh-rtemself		- C, C++
> sh-rtems		- C, C++
> sparc-rtems		- C, C++, Ada

Good!  Evidently the situation with embedded targets is much better now.
Are the tests in reasonable shape, or did you get that far?

> There are some patches which were also needed for 3.1.

Did you mean to say "3.2" here?  If so, have the patches been submitted?

* Re: GCC 3.2 RTEMS Target Build Report
@ 2002-08-24  5:32   ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2002-08-24  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Buck; +Cc: gcc

Joe Buck wrote:

> Joel Sherrill writes:
>
> > We have built RPMs for GCC 3.2 and newlib 1.10.0 on a RedHat 7.3
> > GNU/Linux system for the following RTEMS targets.  For each target,
> > the languages included in the RPMs are listed.

I should have mentioned they are on ftp.oarcorp.com if anyone is
interesed.

> > arm-rtems             - C, C++
> > h8300-rtems           - C, C++
> > hppa1.1-rtems         - C, C++
> > i386-rtems            - C, C++, Ada
> > i960-rtems            - C, C++
> > m68k-rtems            - C, C++
> > mips64orion-rtems     - C, C++
> > mips-rtems            - C, C++
> > powerpc-rtems         - C, C++, Ada
> > sh-rtemself           - C, C++
> > sh-rtems              - C, C++
> > sparc-rtems           - C, C++, Ada
>
> Good!  Evidently the situation with embedded targets is much better now.

It looks to be in better shape. It took from the 3.1 release until
just about a week ago to get Ada support into the RPMs.

> Are the tests in reasonable shape, or did you get that far?

I haven't gotten that far yet.  It will build all of RTEMS except for
an ICE on the i960 which I have not reported yet.  I really need to be
able to run test_installed and it did not work for me a few months ago
when I tried it. It had problems when the toolset wasn't named gcc.
I will put this in the queue as well. :)

> > There are some patches which were also needed for 3.1.
>
> Did you mean to say "3.2" here?  If so, have the patches been submitted?

Yes I meant our 3.1 patch worked for 3.2 for all but a 1 liner which was
fixed.  I have not submitted them yet but will try to next week.  They
are mostly Ada related.

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985