* What to do about already reported bugs
@ 2002-10-11 14:09 damovand
From: damovand @ 2002-10-11 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi everyone,

First thanks to those of you who responded to my first question, I found
the documentation link.

I tested my build by using 'mkcheck 0' command and found a list of
failures as reported on http://gcc.gnu.org/testresults/cs132.html (for
i686-pc-linux-gnu).  Since these bugs still can I still use the
compiler?  I found a number of posts regarding one of the bugs,
char_traits,  but my searches haven't turned up anything regarding what
to do about it.

thanks Leila

* Re: What to do about already reported bugs
@ 2002-10-11 14:15 ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2002-10-11 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: damovand; +Cc: gcc

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 15:41, damovand wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> First thanks to those of you who responded to my first question, I found
> the documentation link.
>
> I tested my build by using 'mkcheck 0' command and found a list of
> failures as reported on http://gcc.gnu.org/testresults/cs132.html (for
> i686-pc-linux-gnu).  Since these bugs still can I still use the
> compiler?  I found a number of posts regarding one of the bugs,
> char_traits,  but my searches haven't turned up anything regarding what
> to do about it.

Yes, all known compilers have bugs - ours just lets you find out the
ones we already know about via a testsuite ;)

re: char_traits - could you post a testcase of what you are trying to
do?

-eric

--
Yeah, I used to play basketball...

* Re: What to do about already reported bugs
@ 2002-10-11 15:08   ` damovand
From: damovand @ 2002-10-11 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: echristo; +Cc: gcc

Hi,

First I want to thank the contributors to gcc library.  As an
application developer I was never aware of the complexities of issues at
the compiler level.  Now I'm finding out ...

Currently I'm running through the post install tests using 'make test'
or in my case mkcheck.  I found undefined reference in the following    (std::codecvt,
std::char_traits, std::ctype, std::moneypunct, std::numpunct, pthread_join)

I'm not worried about the bugs as long as I can develop my application.

Thanks.