* Thanks for "warning: statement with no effect"
@ 2003-04-25 23:01 Ben Bucksch
From: Ben Bucksch @ 2003-04-25 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I just wrote a bunch of
    if (option == "4_5") hp_code_rate == FEC_4_5;
lines. gcc 3.2 told me
    "warning: statement with no effect"
I didn't see at first why, looked over the code a few times, until I
noticed that I wrote "==" instead of "=". I would have neede ages to
track this down. Thanks for this warning, it probably saved me a lot of
hairs.

:-)
Ben

(P.S. I'm not subscribed to the list, just wanted to say thanks.)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-25 22:12 UTC | newest]