---- Forwarded e-mail ---- From: Ben Elliston [mailto:bje@wasabisystems.com] Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 5:09 PM To: Cook, Kelley (R.K.) Subject: Re: Add in Pentium III & Pentium 4 to config.sub "Cook, Kelley (R.K.)" writes: > Did this change get missed in todays upload of config.{guess,sub}? > Config.guess seems to be changed, but not config.sub. I have not applied your patch, as I was waiting for an answer to: > I wonder, though, why GCC people have not already requested such a > change a long time ago? They would need it for a Pentium III tuned > compiler, for example. Ben ---- Forwared e-mail ---- GCC team, Is this config.sub patch which defines pentiumiii & pentium3 to be aliases for i686 and pentium4 to be an alias for i786 acceptable to your group? A google search shows that a similar change was suggested a post by Joseph Myers two years ago when Jan Hubicka first added Pentium 4 support. http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-02/msg01651.html Is this the correct patch? FWIW, the toplevel and binutils patches that allow them to use i786-*-* have already been installed and I have posted a libiberty patch for approval. I apologize for that since I misunderstood Ben's initial response to be an approval with an added rhetorical question. Kelley Cook