* dejagnu testcase question
@ 2002-07-30  7:38 Devang Patel
From: Devang Patel @ 2002-07-30  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I have one question related to writing dejagnu test.
I am preparing a patch to issue a warning in Objective-C.
The warning is issued by compiler while it is generating
selector tables at the end of compilation. At this time,
the warning carries the line number which is one more
than the size of source file.

My questions is where do I put dg-warning in test ?

Thank you,
-Devang

* Re: dejagnu testcase question
@ 2002-07-30  8:15 ` Neil Booth
From: Neil Booth @ 2002-07-30  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Devang Patel; +Cc: gcc

Devang Patel wrote:-

> Hi,
>
> I have one question related to writing dejagnu test.
> I am preparing a patch to issue a warning in Objective-C.
> The warning is issued by compiler while it is generating
> selector tables at the end of compilation. At this time,
> the warning carries the line number which is one more
> than the size of source file.
>
> My questions is where do I put dg-warning in test ?

You should probably fix it so that it doesn't output any
line number, or outputs an appropriate, valid line number.

Neil.

* Re: dejagnu testcase question
@ 2002-07-30  8:19   ` Neil Booth
From: Neil Booth @ 2002-07-30  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Devang Patel; +Cc: gcc

Neil Booth wrote:-

> Devang Patel wrote:-
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have one question related to writing dejagnu test.
> > I am preparing a patch to issue a warning in Objective-C.
> > The warning is issued by compiler while it is generating
> > selector tables at the end of compilation. At this time,
> > the warning carries the line number which is one more
> > than the size of source file.
> >
> > My questions is where do I put dg-warning in test ?
>
> You should probably fix it so that it doesn't output any
> line number, or outputs an appropriate, valid line number.

I should add that you can specify a line number explicitly
in dejagnu markers; see e.g. ucs.c in gcc.dg/cpp/.

Neil.

* Re: dejagnu testcase question
@ 2002-07-30 14:06     ` Devang Patel
From: Devang Patel @ 2002-07-30 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neil Booth; +Cc: gcc

On Monday, July 29, 2002, at 11:20 PM, Neil Booth wrote:

> Neil Booth wrote:-
>
>> Devang Patel wrote:-
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have one question related to writing dejagnu test.
>>> I am preparing a patch to issue a warning in Objective-C.
>>> The warning is issued by compiler while it is generating
>>> selector tables at the end of compilation. At this time,
>>> the warning carries the line number which is one more
>>> than the size of source file.
>>>
>>> My questions is where do I put dg-warning in test ?
>>
>> You should probably fix it so that it doesn't output any
>> line number, or outputs an appropriate, valid line number.

I am working on it. But I only have identifier node for the selector
in question, so now I am looking for a unused place in identifier
node to store line number.

> I should add that you can specify a line number explicitly
> in dejagnu markers; see e.g. ucs.c in gcc.dg/cpp/.

This is what I was looking for.

@ 2002-07-30 14:10       ` Neil Booth
From: Neil Booth @ 2002-07-30 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Devang Patel; +Cc: gcc

Devang Patel wrote:-

> I am working on it. But I only have identifier node for the selector
> in question, so now I am looking for a unused place in identifier
> node to store line number.

That's not right; it needs to be stored in a tree along with whatever
it represents, e.g. a DECL.

Neil.

* Re: dejagnu testcase question
@ 2002-07-30 15:56         ` Devang Patel
From: Devang Patel @ 2002-07-30 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neil Booth; +Cc: gcc

On Tuesday, July 30, 2002, at 09:00 AM, Neil Booth wrote:

> Devang Patel wrote:-
>
>> I am working on it. But I only have identifier node for the selector
>> in question, so now I am looking for a unused place in identifier
>> node to store line number.
>
> That's not right; it needs to be stored in a tree along with whatever
> it represents, e.g. a DECL.

OK. I will find other way to get right line number.

-Devang