* Is any version of GCC STL thread-safe?
@ 2001-07-11  9:02 Richard M. Romanowski
From: Richard M. Romanowski @ 2001-07-11  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello.
I work with gcc 2.8.1 and I am considering going to
gcc 2.9.5 or gcc 3.0;  I was wondering whether any
version of STL for GCC is known to be thread-safe.

In particular, I maintain an old project which depends
on Graham Dumpleton's OSE/OTC libraries (on the web at:
http://www.dscpl.com.au/ose-6.0/ ) and I was hoping to
replace them with GNU STL.

Thanks
Richard Romanowski

* Re: Is any version of GCC STL thread-safe?
@ 2001-07-11  9:33 ` Paolo Carlini
From: Paolo Carlini @ 2001-07-11  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard M. Romanowski; +Cc: gcc

Hi,

I'm not a thread safety expert but I think you may find useful the
official online docs describing the latest incarnation of the library,
v3, that delivered with gcc3.0 (and, anyway, buildable only with gcc3.0
*not* with gcc2.95.x !!).
In particular:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/17_intro/howto.html#3

Cheers,
Paolo Carlini.

* Re: Is any version of GCC STL thread-safe?
@ 2001-07-11 12:11 ` Dima Volodin
From: Dima Volodin @ 2001-07-11 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard M. Romanowski; +Cc: gcc

You might want to check http://www.stlport.com/product.html or
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/index.html  In particular, see
http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/thread_safety.html

>In particular, I maintain an old project which depends
>on Graham Dumpleton's OSE/OTC libraries (on the web at:
> http://www.dscpl.com.au/ose-6.0/ ) and I was hoping to
>replace them with GNU STL.
>
>Thanks
>Richard Romanowski