* First release containing thread safe exceptions for Solaris ?
@ 2000-09-20 16:45 Paul Duffy
From: Paul Duffy @ 2000-09-20 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I'm using 2.8.1 for Solaris and I gather from the list that my exception
problems are compiler related ?  What is the earliest release that supports
thread safe exceptions for Solaris 2.6?

I ask this because my server executable is one of many included in our
product.  The other developers are EXTREMELY reluctant to upgrade from
2.8.1.  What types of problems might the product encounter if my C++
executable is compiled with say 2.95.2 and the rest of the platform is
compiled with 2.8.1 ?  Library issues ?

Cheers,

Paul B Duffy                978-244-4754 Fax 978-244-8917
Cisco Systems, Inc.         paduffy@cisco.com
300 Apollo Drive
Chelmsford, MA 01824