* Successful compilation
@ 1998-04-10 17:12 Russell Davidson
From: Russell Davidson @ 1998-04-10 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I successfully built and installed egcs, snapshot 980406, on the following
configuration:

i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1

(output of config.guess).

The test suite showed a few unexpected errors, as follows:
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/980329-1.c,  -O2
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/980329-1.c,  -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/980329-1.c,  -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -funroll-loops
FAIL: gcc.c-torture/compile/980329-1.c,  -O2 -g
FAIL: gcc.dg/980226-1.c (test for excess errors)
FAIL: g++.eh/flow1.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.eh/new1.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.eh/pdel1.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.eh/pdel2.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.eh/spec2.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.eh/spec3.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.eh/spec4.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/dyncast1.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/dyncast2.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh10.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh2.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh23.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh29.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh3.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh33.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh39.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh40.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh41.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh42.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh5.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh50.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh51.C  Execution test
FAIL: g++.mike/eh6.C  Execution test

Hope this is useful.

Russell Davidson                    email: russell@ehess.cnrs-mrs.fr
GREQAM,
Centre de la Vieille Charite,       telephone: +33-4.91.14.07.40
F-13002 Marseille                   fax:       +33-4.91.90.02.27

* Successful Compilation
@ 2002-03-25 15:40 Walter Landry
From: Walter Landry @ 2002-03-25 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Greetings,

First of all, I would like to thank each and every one of you.  I've
constructed a tensor library using a number of C++ template tricks.
Until recently, gcc would not compile it (PR 2494).  I was stuck using
proprietary compilers, causing me no end of grief.  A week ago, I
downloaded gcc-3_1-branch and, lo and behold, it now works.  Huzzah!
It still gives a warning about implicit typenames, but I can live with
that.  Since I've tested this library on more compilers than you can
shake a stick at, I think that is a bug in gcc.

In any case, I noticed that there is a list of libraries that GCC 3.1
is being tested against.  One of the implicit goals seems to be good
template support.  Since my library seems to stress the template
support more than the other libraries (as I said, gcc only recently
started compiling it), I thought it might be useful to the gcc team as
a test.

I have already written a fairly comprehensive test suite and included
it in the tarball.  These test whether everything is compiled
correctly, as well as a set of tests to look at how well the compiler
is optimizing these sorts of codes.  If anyone is interested, the code
is at

http://superbeast.ucsd.edu/~landry/FTensor

I don't know what kind of format is preferred for the test suite.  I'd
be happy to modify the test so that it outputs the results in a
suitable form.

In any case, thanks for the great compiler.

Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu